Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #46  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

OK, I LOVE protein bars and without them I would be in deep do-doo for getting enough protein - for sure as I don't like dairy very much and there's only so much nuts and meat you can eat in a day.

I also try to watch my carb intake as my body doesn't like them very much. I prefer to get my carbs from veggies.

So, of all these suggestions, are they lower carb? Or just lower sugar? I don't have problems with sugar alcohols.

So far, I've basically stuck to Atkin's protein bars with 3 grams of net carbs. There are a few flavors I like, so are yuck and some are OK.

THink Thin protein bars are OK too and lower on the carbs...

Anyone say more on the ones mentioned throughout this thread? I've never seen them in stores (though I haven't done much looking either in specialty shops).
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #47  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Pure protein isn't really all that low carb, but quest bars are low in net carbs. So I guess it depends on how you count the carbs in those bars.

Only problem is that quest bars are expensive and can only be found online and at vitamin shoppe stores. They're worth the money IMO though.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #48  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Are there any of these bars that anyone would recommend a person STAY AWAY from due to too much sugar and weight gain?
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #49  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Just a bit of an update: I found quest bars at 711. They're more expensive, but that's certainly good to know if anyone is on the road or wants to try one.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote