3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   My sin food = fried eggs on toast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/249705-my-sin-food-%3D-fried-eggs-toast.html)

Marchmallow 01-04-2012 07:44 AM

My sin food = fried eggs on toast

I think I'm an addict. It got to the point before new years when I was having two fried eggs and two slices of toast with margarine for lunch every day.. that's like 14 fried eggs a week. And I know that too many eggs are bad for you anyway! So what I've done is told myself I can only have this lunch twice a week, and I've poached the eggs rather than fried. Not quite the same, but I have to deal with it!

I just wondered if anyone has a way to poach eggs better than the way I'm doing it? And how long do I cook them for? The yolk's always hard when I get them out. XD

Also, a bread question, while i think about it. I usually have two slices of danish white bread, which are 60 calories per slice, with vitalite margarine (a relatively healthy one I think) but is brown bred better? I have a loaf of brown bread too, which I tried the eggs on for lunch today, and it's bigger slice of bread but also 92 calories per slice. Which bread would you guys go for?

mammasita 01-04-2012 08:55 AM

Yes, brown bread is definitely better (make sure you check ingredients though). In general, white bread is more processed (bleached, gluten added etc). Brown/whole wheat bread is more natural because it doesn't go through the processing that the white bread does.

As for the eggs, it sounds like you like the yolk (I do too LOL), but have you considered egg beaters or just egg whites?

doopdoop 01-07-2012 01:10 AM

If you are careful, you can sometimes remove part of the yolk. Then you could break up the rest to distribute it more so it would cover more of the toast.

Really, though, two eggs a day doesn't seem that bad if you are getting regular exercise in and keeping an otherwise healthy diet!

jeminijad 01-12-2012 05:47 PM

2 eggs a day is not a problem unless you are told otherwise by your doctor.

Even though I normally cook in stainless steel, for my fried egg in the AM, I just use 1/2 tsp butter (we do not use margarine here) to grease the inside of an egg ring, and drop the rest into the ring, in a nonstick fry pan. Then I gently fry one egg, slide it onto a slice of 100% whole wheat bread, and call it good.

I don't know what your plan is, but an egg can be worked into most plans.

bargoo 01-12-2012 06:04 PM

For poached eggs put the egg into boiling water if you don't want the yolk too hard , watch the egg and when the yolk starts to take on a "white"look it is done. I usually baste it a little with some of the boiling water, I like mine to be not too hard, either. I put it on dark bread. I think I will have one for breakfast tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me.