Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Ticker.

Unhappy Yuck.

It's been a week since I've started my journey. Down 4 pounds & happy.

My issue today is food. Everything I have attempted to consume tastes so gross to me. I've managed to eat a pickle, but it's clearly not enough. I need to eat, but it just seems difficult.

I don't feel nauseous in any way & I don't believe I am getting sick.

Has anyone ever had this issue or currently experiencing it? I know my body may be reacting to eating healthier and cutting out all the junk I used to eat, but thought I would ask.
MissGuided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

Well...what have you been trying to eat? Is there anything that sounds good to you? What I would do is think of what sounded good to me, and then try and figure out how I could make it fit within my calorie budget for the day. Like, if I felt like a cheeseburger, I would make myself a turkey burger or veggie burger with lots of veggies on a light bun with ff cheese.

I think sometimes when I start watching what I'm eating, I get wrapped up in it so much that it's hard to "spend" my calories for the day on anything. Just have to remember that you have to eat to lose weight! Good choices really do help us lose.
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I often have days when I just don't want anything, but, yes, am still normally hungry. I just don't want to eat. Like not in the mood for anything, healthy or unhealthy. I usually just make myself have a Subway sandwhich, since I'm generally indifferent to their food anyways. Sometimes I get several days like this in a row, but it passes eventually.

Last edited by Aclai4067; 01-09-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #4  

Hi Dezzie, thanks for responding.

To be honest, nothing sounds good. I've tried an apple, some FiberOne cereal and a sandwich. All of which I had to toss from just sitting there after a few bites.

I'm going to make an early dinner a bit later [chicken with a salad] and see what happens.

Thanks Aclai, I'm glad it isn't just me.

Last edited by MissGuided; 01-09-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

What day are you in your cycle? There's a point where I get gaggy from smells bothering me and food puts me off too. It also happened when I was pregnant. I'm not sure what hormone is responsible for that but I've experienced it.

HTH!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #6  

Astrophe, I hadn't even considered that until you mentioned it. Thanks.

I was able to eat a salad and some chicken. Must have been what I wanted.

& before anyone mentions it, I know my calorie consumption is off for the day. I don't plan on forcing food down my throat, so I can live with the low count. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I think it's okay to not eat the exact same amount of calories each day. Some days we aren't too hungry, some days we're starving. It's fine to eat less or eat more on those respective days. As long as in the long run each day averages to eating enough calories, protein, fiber, and nutrients it's fine.

Chances are you'll be back to a more normal appetite tomorrow or the next day. If things prolong or other symptoms arise maybe something else is going on that needs to be checked. But in all likelihood you just don't have much an appetite today, which is completely common and normal every now and then
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
What day are you in your cycle? There's a point where I get gaggy from smells bothering me and food puts me off too. It also happened when I was pregnant. I'm not sure what hormone is responsible for that but I've experienced it.

HTH!
A.
Yep, smells got me when I was pregnant, even at the very beginning. It may have been one of the first symptoms I noticed (other than massive boobs).
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote