ice cream substitute

• I freeze bananas a lot when I can't eat them all and figured out a good recipe. Just blend 2 bananas, a third cup milk or soy milk and flavoring like chocolate syrup. Just like soft serve without the fat.
  • The frozen bananas by themselves are great too. Nice trick to get fruit into my son LOL
  • You can get an ice cream maker and throw yogurt in it! It comes out like frozen yogurt and it's really yummy

I haven't had any recently because it's winter, but I look forward to it in the summer!
  • Quote: I've done the blended bananas thing before and thye are good. I also have put Greek yogurt and fruit in my ice cream maker and that works out REALLY well. You have to eat it w/in a couple of days tho, or it becomes rock hard!
    I had no idea I could do this with my ice-cream maker! I'm definitely going to try it.
  • I keep meaning to try the blended banana thing someday. I freeze bananas a lot too, but they usually end up in my post-str training protein smoothies.

http://www.friendsforweightloss.com/...ana-ice-cream/ it made me think about that post. I think I saw that over the summer and sometimes on a hot day I would think about the amazing looking pics and how I should try to make that hehe.
  • I have tried to put a bit of vanilla extract in the frozen bananas and it's good.

Lately, I've been LOVING the Arctic Zero Coffee flavor ice cream. 150 calories for the whole entire thing. It reminds me of a Starbuck's Frapuccino! I tried the chocolate and didn't think it was even edible. I haven't tried strawberry yet, but I just got some and am hoping I like it as much as the coffee. I can't have the coffee at night because it has real coffee in it so the strawberry would do nicely.
  • Do you freeze the bananas and then put them in the blender, or blend them in the blender first and then freeze the mixture until it reaches desired consistency?

Thanks!
  • in a vitamixer: 1/2 banana, 8 icecubes, 1/4 cup milk, spash of vanilla extract, tablespoon unsweatened cocoa powder and a handful of fresh (or frozen for that matter) pitted cherries. I promise this tastes exactly like chocolate/cherry italian ice. I love it. Looking forward to warmer weather to have it.
  • Doing my best - I don't know about the others but I peal and slice bananas into inch size pieces, and some I just halve, before freezing. The vitamixer pretty much obliterates anything frozen but if you have a regular blender, the smaller pieces would probably work better. I can't imagine pulverizing the bananas then freezing them; that mixture would be hard as a rock.