Phillips Airfryer or T-fal Actifry

• Do either of these live up to the claims? I've been wanting some sort of air fryer for months now but not sure if they are worth the 300ish dollars. Do they do anything different than a toaster oven or conventional oven do?

I'm not sure. Hopefully someone has one or the other and can provide some REAL insight. I've youtubed and googled the heck out of them already.

T-fal actifry

Phillips Airfryer

Thanks!
  • I found a couple of threads mentioning the Actifry but they were all inquiring about it and no one had used it.

I don't think the Philips model is available in the US, it appears to be a UK/AU product.

The reviews for the Actifry on Amazon are good, 4 stars out of 70 reviews.

Hopefully someone will come along that has tried one
  • I just got the T-Fal Actifry and I've only used it once to make french fries which is what they use in the commercials and ads to suck people in. I was very skeptical but surprisingly enough, it works. It really did fry 2 and 1/2 lbs of potatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil. Now before this sounds like a commercial, the french fries are good but they don't taste the same as regular french fries. Part of the beauty and deliciousness of french fries is the fact that they are soaked in oil. Let's be honest -- it's not the taste of the potato that keeps us coming back for more, it's the combination of the 2. Having said that, the fries made by the Actifry are still pretty good. Tonight, I'll be trying the baby red potatos and shrimp recipe that comes in the recipe book. I'll let you know how that turns out. Only time will tell if this is something that helps in the weight battle or something that just gives me permission to eat more since it's less calories.