popcorn seasonings

• lately I've been having a craving to binge on a bag of chips.. having to find an alternative (that's not munching on endless vegetables), I remember seeing an ad for popcorn seasonings that came in flavors like ranch, bbq, cheese, etc (like this) Then I also remember a tip from Jillian Micheal's that you can take the plain popcorn kernels and put them in a plain brown paper lunch bag and put it in the microwave. Then I remember some member here mentioning she puts the butter flavored cooking spray on her popcorn...

so I'm wondering, would this work? Just put the kernels in a paper bag, spray some butter flavor spray on them and put it in the microwave and then sprinkle some seasonings on it?
  • I use an air popper because I don't trust the microwave. I do use some seasonings but you need to be careful to avoid those with MSG because not only is it terrible for your body, it'll also make your cravings much worse.

You can get air poppers super cheap at thrift stores. Those seems to be one of things that are always at thrift stores.
  • I use Nordic Ware microwave popcorn popper bowl (http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-60...dp/B00004W4UP/ it was $9 or something at the time I bought it, it looks like it's $10.10 now, and I have amazon prime so I had free shipping) which I really like. The only thing is if you are popping a lot of popcorn, sometimes I stop it and take some out for the rest of the kernels to continue cooking so nothing gets burnt. But just making popcorn for myself, I don't usually do that.

Not sure about the butter spray though!