Chicken Bacon???

• So I was at my local Kroger today and I saw a product I had never seen before...chicken bacon. Like turkey bacon, but made with chicken rather than turkey...Has anyone else tried it? I'm not a huge fan of turkey bacon, frankly I think it's too dry and weird and not bacon-y at all, so I stick with turkey sausages for my breakfast meats. I did buy a pack of the chicken bacon, but haven't tried it yet and probably won't crack it open till the weekend. Was wondering if anyone had any tips for preparing it/reviews of what it tasted like?
  • Well, I just thought I'd update this post, since it seems like no one else has tried it!

I just made it this morning on my George Foreman grill. It's 25 cal/slice. Surprisingly, it was MUCH more like real bacon than turkey bacon, in both taste and texture. It still wasn't right on the money, but I really actually liked it. Would definitely get it again- I think it would be even more convincing on a sandwich or crumbled into a salad- I just ate it straight and it was pretty darn good! Definitely better than I had expected. Would recommend!
  • Thats good to know! I've heard of it but never saw it in stores. If I see it, I will def try it! Thanks for the review.
  • Where did you buy it from? I would love to try it. How much did it cost?
  • Quote: I just made it this morning on my George Foreman grill. It's 25 cal/slice.
    I get proper bacon medallions that are something like 30 cal/slice (from tesco). Even full rashers aren't too bad if you trim most of the fat.