Cheerios's..a good or bad breakfast?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • is Cheerios's a good or bad breakfast choice? Most of the time I eat an apple or banana with it. Is there other food choices that could be better?
  • Cheerios have a lot of nutrients and the whole grain ones are even better. I would say it is a go!
  • Thanks
    So how many calories are you supposed to eat for breakfast anyways?
  • The only other cereal I can think of that may be a little bit better would be oatmeal. I eat Cheerios almost every morning with blueberries. It's one of the best cold cereals on the market as far as being good for you...or so I've heard.
  • I think it all depends upon how much my like to eat in the am. I like a bigger breakfast (around 400 calories with an 1800 calorie diet) and eat lighter for lunch and dinner. I have some friends who only eat about 150 calories for breakfast and it works for them.
  • Oatmeal...got it! That will give me some variety. Usually I eat cheerios because you just get up and grab a bowl and you've breakfast. Oatmeal is just as easy
  • A really good cereal is "Go lean" Kashi cereal..
    it has like 13 grams of protein and it tastes really good.. Has more protein and fiber than Cheerios..sometimes I like to mix cereal up. Half kashi with half something else like cheeerios, raisin bran, puffed rice whatever...
  • I eat somewhere in between that like 200 calories give or take a little depending on my fruit choice.
  • Personally, if I eat breakfast, I have to eat a protein-focused breakfast. If I eat a carb-focused or carb-exclusive breakfast (like Cheerios), I am unsatisfied and end up eating poorly (and more carb-focused) for the rest of the day.

But, to each his/her own . Cheerios is high in nutrients so I don't really think you could call it a "bad" breakfast choice. Just as long as it fits into an overall diet of healthy fruits, vegetables, fat, and protein throughout the rest of the day.
  • That is a good cereal I bough it in awhile though. I should it tasted great!
  • You make a good point indiblue I've been eating cheerios for awhile now and really want some change anyways.
  • I eat cereal (I like Fiber One!) or oatmeal for breakfast with a container of greek yogurt. Like indiblue said, the protein keeps me full for a looong time. I throw a few berries in with my plain yogurt too -- I keep my breakfast between 200 and 250 calories.

But I do love some Cheerios too!
  • Thanks for the answers everyone
  • Okay sounds good: more fiber and instead of fruit, plain yogurt. Even more of a variety
  • LOL! About cheerios that is....

At church our Vacation Bible School puts up little post-its for donations wanted....

A couple of weeks ago I pulled off 5 of them for " 15oz. assorted cheerios"...

I had no idea how many flavors they come in now!

I bought 8 boxes ALL DIFFERENT and there were more choices!

Wild and Ka-raaazy!

Me, I'm a Wheaties guy...Cheerios give me heartburn...I love 'em...but not that kind of burn.

Good luck with your search!