3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   it tastes just like cheesecake! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/238895-tastes-just-like-cheesecake.html)

peanutt 07-23-2011 06:54 PM

it tastes just like cheesecake!

I'm a little late on the greek yogurt bandwagon, but now I see what all the fuss has been about.

Today I took strawberry flavoured greek yogurt and added 2 broken up graham crackers. This tastes exactly like a cheesecake! Even the texture of the greek yogurt reminds me of cheesecake. What an amazing sweet tooth craving treat and for 200 calories for the container+crackers it doesn't break the caloric bank! :carrot:

ahyessophie 07-23-2011 07:21 PM

definitely need to try this!

sheramama 07-23-2011 08:43 PM

Thanks for the tip! I'm not a huge fan of greek yogurt thus far, but I havent tried strawberry and not with graham crackers either. Sounds good.

LGW 07-23-2011 08:46 PM

I'm not a fan of yogurt....someone told me about greek yogurt...it looked different...but taste EXACTLY the same as yogurt to me :-)
I do have the plain greek yogurt....maybe I'll blend it with fresh strawberries some splenda and a little vanilla flavoring....:-)
LGW

jwillits 07-23-2011 10:22 PM

I have not tried greek yogurt that sounds good. I like vanilla yogurt with a little granola in it. The WW yogurts are good too.

ladolcevita26 07-23-2011 10:38 PM

peanutt- sounds delicious! strawberry cheesecake is my downfall. what brand did you use?

peanutt 07-23-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladolcevita26 (Post 3952161)
peanutt- sounds delicious! strawberry cheesecake is my downfall. what brand did you use?

Olympia Krema. I suspect it might be a Canadian brand. They make a great variety pack of vanilla, lemon, strawberry, and cafe au lait.

bellastarr 08-04-2011 12:20 AM

that does sound good!

josey 10-02-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutt (Post 3952165)
Olympia Krema. I suspect it might be a Canadian brand. They make a great variety pack of vanilla, lemon, strawberry, and cafe au lait.

Cafe au Lait? Where do you buy it? Never heard of Olympia Krema

Rhiannon27 10-03-2011 06:10 PM

I may have to try this later on in South Beach, I am a die hard cheesecake fan, and it's gonna be tough to give up lol.

kaplods 10-03-2011 06:17 PM

I stir sugar free pudding mix into plain greek yogurt (and a little bit of Splenda for some flavors).

The plain greek yogurt has 80 calories (compared to 120 = 160 for flavored), so I almost always by plain and flavor it myself - usually with the sugar free pudding mixes (for a total of about 100 to 110 calories for 4-6 ounces of yogurt).

My absolute favorites are Jello sugar free pistachio and sugar free chocolate fudge (not plain chocolate, that's good, but the chocolate fudge is better).

I shared my "recipe" with my TOPS group (taking off pounds sensibly) and every week someone new tells me they've tried it and liked it.

I've even been tempted to try the butterscotch pudding (which normally isn't my favorite) to create a caramel-like dip for honeycrisp apples).

This is the first "diet cheesecake" or cheesecake-substitute that I have ever been impressed with enough to be truly satisfied (usually it just makes the craving for "real" cheesecake worse).

I know that tasted side-by-side with real cheesecake,the real cheesecake would win out, but I'm not eating them side by side, so I don't get the sense that I'm missing out on anything.

Martina 10-03-2011 06:45 PM

I've had plain greek yogurt before. Let me tell you, I couldn't stand the stuff. It tastes like soap to me. :/

Rated 10-03-2011 07:22 PM

Marina- You should give it another chance. I hate the plain greek yogurt but the fruit flavoured kind taste much better.

kaplods 10-07-2011 12:04 AM

Also different brands of greek yogurt have very different tastes and textures. The first greek yogurt I tried, I absolutely hated, and hated even more for spending $2 for a single serving tub of maybe 6 ounces, and it was full-fat, with fruit and sugar (pomengranate, a flavor I love) and sweetened with real sugar. It should have been amazing, but it wasn't.

I wouldn't have ever bought greek yogurt again, except that I sampled some in a free store sample that I liked.

I don't like the plain yogurt, but when I saw that the flavored yogurt had 40 to 80 more calories than the plain, I decided I would try to flavor my own.

I even like it in place of sour cream in dips (but not plain as sour cream for a baked potato. I also find it too tangy if it's not balanced witha
bit of mayo or other fat).

There's a neat website (that now I can't find) that sells yogurt cultures for home yogurt makers, and they describe the flavor of each strain of yogurt they sell. I discovered that there are different strains of yogurt and they all have their unique flavor profile. You can love one and hate another.

Most commercial yogurts don't tell you what strain of yogurt bacteria they use (or they rename it, which I think is silly), so it pays to experiment with different brands. Fat content also changes the flavor. Some brands I like only in the full fat version.

Except for greek yogurt, I've never found a fat free yogurt that I enjoyed plain. In greek yogurt I like the Dannon brand (Oikos, I think) and Chiobani.

3FCer344892 10-07-2011 11:25 PM

Ooooh, that sounds yummy. I've only tried plain Greek yogurt, but Fage has some yummy-looking flavored types that I might give a try sometime.