Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #1  

Default My Cheap, Simple & healthy fast food lunch (Pics)

hii!

I was just preparing my lunch for tomorrow and i thought why not share this. It's easy to make and delicious, fills you up and is easy on the calories. Looks as good as fast food, tastes better!

All you do is get some Mediterranean vegetables (Paprika(Peppers),courgette, lemon and red union.. £1.46 bag at Asda if you live in the UK), pitta bread, Turkey/Chicken, prawns (shrimp) and an olive oil spray.

Dice the turkey/chicken in little chunks and put them on a tray along with the vegetables. Season them with paprika, mixed herbs and add some garlic. Squeeze half a lemon on top of everything. Spray a little amount of olive oil over everything. Put in the grill and cook til chicken/turkey is ready. Be careful you don't burn the veggies.

Toast pitta bread on top of toaster.. Cut the pitta bread in half, cut both parts open and fill up with the vegetables..

This should take about 15-20 min to make.. I add a little sweet chili sauce.. you can add grated cheese or feta cheese, just be careful with the amount and which.
May1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:47 AM   #2  
banned

Looks good. How many calories is this?
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Looks delicious! Love the idea to toast the pita on top of the toaster. Brilliant!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote