I'm craving Banana Pudding...the kind made with Nilla Wafers

• Anyone have any ideas on how I could make a banana pudding....semi-healthy?
  • Take a look around the Nabisco (the makers of Nilla Wafers) website. I'm a calorie-counter, so I could alter the basic recipe by using Splenda as opposed to sugar, skim milk, and perhaps the low-fat Nilla Wafers.
    I hope I'm not setting off more cravings for you, but their "Summertime" recipes look and sound amazing!
  • I LOVE banana pudding. I've only had it a few times in my life, but oooh so good. My aunt makes the best banana pudding (says the girl who hasn't tried it from anyone else...haha).

Sometimes, I'll whip up some fat free/sugar free or both vanilla pudding, mash a banana and mix it in, and put a few vanilla wafers either crushed in it, or at the bottom of the bowl. Usually makes the craving go away, and is a lot healthier than the "traditional" version. You could use banana creme pudding too, for a stronger banana flavor. Depending, you could make this about 200 calories. I use skim milk.
  • I make it all the time. SF FF pudding made with skim milk, fold in FF cool whip to give the pudding that light creamy feeling. Don't use a lot of Nilla Wafers though, crush them up to make them go further. You can make 1 cup of pudding this way rather than a huge bowl of it.
    You could even get a banana a cup of 60 cal pudding and 3 or 4 nilla wafers and get the basic taste.
  • Aww, my Grandmother used to make this all the time. My mom makes it sometimes too. It never lasts long around my Dad and brother, though. lol.