3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Cup of Blueberries a Day... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/234217-cup-blueberries-day.html)

Mchavar04 05-27-2011 05:30 PM

Cup of Blueberries a Day...

I was reading Women's World magazine and one of the articles made a statement that eating a cup of blueberries (fresh / frozen) every day for 2 weeks can make you lose inches around your waist. My cousin and I want to try it out, but I'm a bit suspicous. I'm not the "Biggest Fan" of blueberries, but a cup in my oatmeal or a snack for 2 weeks straight won't phase me if it helps me lose some inches.

Have any of you heard of this? I don't want to be wasting my money if its not true.

Thanks!

fresno26 05-27-2011 05:38 PM

It's worth a shot. Think of the antioxidants. :)

Lovely 05-27-2011 05:38 PM

If you're eating a cup of blueberries every day... that's a fairly hearty amount of food and it could fill you up preventing you from wanting to eat a usual high calorie snack or as much of your usual meal. Meaning you're overall eating fewer calories.

I'm all for blueberries. I think they're great, but there's no such thing as a "magical" reduction food. Reducing your overall calories would probably lead to similar results.

Mchavar04 05-27-2011 07:47 PM

So true! I'm gana try it out on June 1st. I will let you all know how it was.

JOLINA 05-27-2011 08:05 PM

You will have very good night vision if you eat all those blueberries.

caryesings 05-27-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovely (Post 3867673)
If you're eating a cup of blueberries every day... that's a fairly hearty amount of food and it could fill you up preventing you from wanting to eat a usual high calorie snack or as much of your usual meal. Meaning you're overall eating fewer calories.

I'm all for blueberries. I think they're great, but there's no such thing as a "magical" reduction food. Reducing your overall calories would probably lead to similar results.

Totally agree, I started my plan simply by trying to eat all the recommended servings of fruit/veg per day. I've rarely been able to get that much food down!

bluemonday 05-27-2011 09:43 PM

I don't know if my daily treat (twice on workout days) of fage 0%, vanilla protein powder, frozen blueberries & raspberries has helped me lose weight or not, but it sure hasn't hurt. It makes me fell full, happy & refreshed. The perfect post workout snack. I swear. Cool, sweet, tart & yummy.

3FCer344892 05-29-2011 04:37 PM

That sounds really good, bluemonday!

bellaella 06-06-2011 11:10 AM

Hey. If it doesn't work for weight loss. At least they will keep you young with all the antioxidants!

graycyn 06-06-2011 01:04 PM

It is not going to help you lose inches. I eat a cup of blueberries daily because I love them. Does nothing for my waistline.

If you want to lose inches, you need a calorie deficit, plain and simple. If eating blueberries means you don't eat something else, high in calories, then you might see some differences, but otherwise, no, just eating blueberries won't cut it.

The anti-oxidants are good for you though! But if you don't love blueberries, you could probably find something else with antioxidants that you do prefer.