Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Default My latest food and beverage obsessions

The food obsession: Redi Whip fat-free whipped cream. I am addicted. It is only five cals for two tablespoons, so I can't keep away from it. For dessert, I eat a mixture of fresh berries with Redi Whip on it. I should eat the berries plain, but I can't stay away from the Redi Whip.

The beverage obsession: Dr. Pepper Ten. The first time I tried it, when it first ame on the market last year, I was still drinking the fully loaded soft drinks, so Ten was a disappointment because it tasted like every other drink. But now that I have been off of sugary drinks for 43 weeks, I really notice the difference between Diet Dr. Pepper and Dr. Pepper Ten. That tiny bit of sugar makes a surprisingly big difference. I don't drink it every day, and have it only as a treat, but it's twenty calories of bliss for me.

Oh - another total food obsession: Blue Diamond Oven Roasted Toffee Almonds. These are like crack. Smells sooooool good when I open the bottle. Totally satisfies my sweet tooth and makes me feel full. 15 nuts for 100 cals. Worth every cal. I like the cocoa roasted 100 calorie packs too, but the butter toffee ones are amazing.

Can you tell I have a sweet tooth? . Some people are salt fiends and others like me are sweet tooths. I can avoid chips, crackers, and other salty snacks every day of the week, but I do like the occasional sweet treat. I so rarely indulge. I used to have sugar/carb cravings, but rarely do anymore because I do well at avoiding a lot of sugar.

What area your current obsessions? Maybe I can switch!
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I try not to do food obsessions, but I like my berries with heavy cream and stevia. A tbsp over half a cup of the berries is like icecream, but more filling, and none of the weird preservatives, fillers, and stabilizers of the rediwhip.

I'm a big fan of sunbutter, too. That with some celery and half a grapefruit is an incredibly filling meal and super yum!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #3  

I occasionally get a sweet tooth too, I usually satisfy it with having a low fat yogurt with tiny pieces of pineapple in it. Lately I've really been into Philadelphia light cream cheese, the one with cucumbers. I love it! I eat it with whole wheat crackers, lettuce and a tiny bit of onion.

Last edited by Natasha22; 05-15-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

My latest food/beverage obsession has been Ensure Nutritional Drink. Yes kind of weird but we have them at work all the time and one day I was so hungry and I didn't want to eat the greasy spaghetti they left for us so I thought "eh wth.."

OMG soooo good! Tastes just like a milkshake but it's full of vitamins and good stuff. Yes one bottle is 250 cals but I've been drinking one to replace a meal and it sure does fill me up, not to mention I've started losing weight since I started drinking them
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

My latest food obsessions:

-home-popped white popcorn with a little bit of "season all" sprinkled over it
-frozen banana slices with cinnamon on top...SO DELICIOUS
-plain yogurt mixed with 1/2tsp of honey, cinnamon, and either apples, bananas, or kiwi (haven't had a chance to use other berries just yet)

i've been kind of obsessed with cinnamon lately, & i could eat popcorn & frozen bananas everyday & be content...haha.
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4

I do most of my own food preparation and cooking, but for "off the shelf" items, I am all about the Vanilla Maple Arctic Zero right now! Can't wait to sit down to a pint on Sunday!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #7  

Lol I used to binge on whipped cream! I'd grab a whole can from the dining hall, ugh ppl would stare it was so embarassing. I stay awwaaaayy now because I will finish the whole can.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/120/125

Height: 5'6"

Two words: Cottage Cheese!
Mollewogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #9  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I am currently obsessed with funky flavored seltzers. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Polar's summer flavors, especially pina colada, mint mojito, and ginger lemonade. Even away from home, I've started ordering club soda with lime. I was never a big soda drinker, but I do love bubbles.

I have a peanut butter/almond butter/cashew butter obsession going on, too. I have to limit myself to twice a week, because my portion control is terrible. I could eat 1/2 a cup in a sitting.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

I've been obsessing over fat free redi whip too! I make frozen coffee and put a ton ontop, lol!

I HATE how small the bottle is.. I always get 2 and they aren't that cheap.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #11  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

I'm kind of obsessed with PB2 powdered peanut butter. I don't like it mixed with water - the texture is kind of wonky - but I love to dip celery sticks or apple slices in the powder, and sometimes just eat little bits of the powder with a spoon - not too big a spoonful, or you'll be sorry! It's also good mixed into chocolate protein shakes and SF cocoa.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

I hope people post more snack ideas here. I am in love with Pop Chips. I am on WW and a whole bag is 8 points plus. I eat half a bag for 4. I do not think I could eat less then that in a sitting. I love the salt and pepper flavour the best. BBQ are my least favourite. I will sometimes dip them in non fat cottage cheese or non fat plain greek yogurt.

I also like the turkey pepperette snacks for one points plus each.

Baby bel light are 2 for one points plus.

I would love to know snack foods, junky kinds for old junky substitutes that people eat.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #13  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Nutritional Shakes - 110 calories, 3 carbs and 17 grams of protein. I love the chocolate fudge and rich dark chocolate ones. Sometimes I'll mix them with a cup of iced coffee for a treat. mmmm

http://eas.com/product/advantedge-ca...ready-to-drink

I buy mine at Publix though.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #14  
banned

i always cooking,but my favorite food is uncertain
dog888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #15  

i am in love with all things coconut...its sortof sad how much coconut water and oskri bars I have (they are so good, covered in dark chocolate!)
chaitea115 is offline   Reply With Quote