Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #1  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Default good Protein Shakes?

What would be a good brand to buy?
The one i had contained almost nothing else but protein. I went to walmart and out of curiosity looked at their Protein Shakes which were loaded with stuff that i dont even know whats for (i am guessing good stuff....or not nesseserry stuff)... My container is almost empty and i need to buy something else. what would you recomend?

I need to take protein because even though i eat eggs, cheese, chicken daily i still have very low protein (6.0).

Can someone show me good and not expencive Protein Shake? I cant pay $100 per container but $35-ish would be OK

ALSO: what to look for in the PS lable? What is VERY important and what not?
The one i am having now is SYNTRAX brand (NECTAR)...Caribbean Cooler flavor. REALLY good stuff (taste wise).

Last edited by unwanted37lbs; 02-27-2011 at 07:43 PM.
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I heard myoplex is a really good brand of protein shake..its high quality..you should be able to get at walmart..for like 30ish.. Did you try whey gourmet? Have you tried Proteins + from Thrifty foods? Have you tried Vega? They have delicious flavours..acts as a whole food supplement. Thats all i can think of right now..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yogurt with fruit/veggies (spinach and carrots) would be cheaper and good way of getting your protein in. Since you're willing to shell out 35 dollars, use that for greek yogurt- TONS of protein. Cottage cheese also has good protein, you could eat it on top of salad, in pastas or as a dip. Don't forget about legumes as well! Better than chemical stuff, IMO.

Just my (honest) 2 cents.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote