Greek Gods yogurt - yikes!

• So DH and I both like Greek yogurt. So far of all the ones we've tried Chobani is our favorite. He likes the pineapplae and blueberry, and I like to get the plain b/c it's higher in protein, and add a little sugar or a spoon of chocolate syrup to it.

So this week my local store had Greek Gods brand on sale, and I figured I would give them a try. Thank goodness I looked at the nutrition info! For a 6 oz. yogurt, look at these stats:

pomegranate - 230 calories, 17g fat
    homey - 250 cal, 15 g fat
    fig - 270 cal, 15 g fat
    honey strawberry - 310 cal, 15 g fat

The Chobanis we eat are 100-140 calories, and the protein is much better too!
  • I'm partial to Dannon. It has pretty good nutritional information. But my store only ever has Vanilla when I'm there! The past four weeks in a row they have been out of everything but vanilla. They also had plain, but really, that's sour cream. And I wipe them out of vanilla. Last week I bought my typical vanillas and a pack of the Chobani chocolate and I have been mixing them. I'm a little vanilla-ed out.
  • Love greek yogurt! and so many brands get carried away with thier flavors and they end up being no better than a regular yogurt.
    The best nutritionally I've found is Fage Total 0%. Unlike a lot of people I love plain yogurt haha I love it by itself but also love the versatility.
  • I love Chiobani, but I've been steering more towards Fage plain, and just add a little lemon crystal light powder and raspberries
  • I like the Chobani and the Fage. I prefer the Fage plain and I add a teaspoon of Agave Nectar to it, mix it in good and it is delicious!

I usually buy the big container of Cabot's at my grocery store for cooking with though because they only carry the small sizes in the Chobani and the Fage. I figure if I am putting it in Curry as plain low-fat Greek Yogurt then I might as well use the big container since it is cheaper by volume.