3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Yougurt help, please! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/223690-yougurt-help-please.html)

Dee SoKo 01-25-2011 10:02 PM

Yougurt help, please!

I have never been a fan of yogurt but it's such a convenient food that would fit perfectly into my diet. Over the years I have tried several different brands but I can't seem to get past the sourish after taste. On my tasting missions I have only found ONE type of yogurt that I actually enjoy eating. Embarrassingly it is the Yoplait Trix Yogurt for kids:o

Any suggestions for brands that are still healthy without a strong yogurty after taste? Also, do you notice the sourish taste when you eat yogurt or is it just me?

*Yikes I just realized I spelled yogurt wrong in the title oops*

fitkristi 01-25-2011 10:04 PM

My daughter loves that yogurt. :D

vdander24 01-25-2011 10:18 PM

Absolutely! I experience the sourish taste. I can do the yoplait light fruit flavors, although for me, they all taste kind of the same. I have NOT yet been able to stomach the greek yogurts. I say don't force it.
Can you do cottage cheese instead? No matter how "healthy" your food is, it only fits in your "diet" if you actually can eat it. I say look for other alternatives that fit.... cheese, hardboiled eggs, almonds, etc... Good luck!

diane1224 01-25-2011 10:20 PM

Weight Watchers Cherry Cheesecake is awesome. I put a packet of Truvia in mine. I didn't always like yogurt, but I have learned to like it. So many flavors to pick from!

birdtostone 01-25-2011 10:22 PM

Fage Greek yogurt is my absolute favorite. (The 0% plain)

I'm not particularly partial to any of the other yogurts, though I do eat them on occasion. I find that it does have a stronger taste than the others.

FatPantsSkinnyJeans 01-25-2011 11:12 PM

Chobani Peach! Super sweet, so it's sort of like a dessert for me.

Lately I've been buying the plain Chobani and just mixing in thawed frozen berries and a little sweetener.

MindiV 01-26-2011 08:11 AM

I do the Dannon or Yoplait light vanilla yogurts. Having some with bananas and Fiber One cereal for breakfast in a few minutes...

Kimberly2011 01-26-2011 09:31 AM

Chobani Greek yogurt - any of the fruit flavors (though I especially love blueberry and raspberry). And Greek yogurt has tons of protein in it!

Dee SoKo 01-26-2011 10:10 AM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I've been too afraid to try the greek yogurts. I watched my sister try one a few months ago and the look on her face was priceless and enough to scare me away. I am willing to give it a go if I can find it here.

vdander I will also try cottage cheese too. I haven't had it since I was a kid and if I remember correctly it was the texture and not the taste that I had trouble with. I've outgrown some of my texture issues so I want to try it again.

Eliana 01-26-2011 10:21 AM

If you really want to like yogurt, I would suggest mixing your favorite yogurt (Trix) with a yogurt that is healthier for you. This is how I started to like my Greek Yogurt, and I'm partial to Dannon. Now I eat it without mixing it and love it! I prefer it actually. It also helps to mix something in with it, whether it's berries, granola, walnuts, grapenuts, or FiberOne cereal.

Lilbert 01-26-2011 10:56 AM

i really like the yeo valley organic yogurt. its so creamy :smug:

Chrztina 01-26-2011 01:54 PM

The Fiber One yogurts are super tasty. My favorite is the vanilla, but peach and key lime is close behind.

nelie 01-26-2011 01:57 PM

I've been eating coconut milk yogurt, it is pretty tasty.

fitkristi 01-26-2011 02:02 PM

I second the granola - I wasn't a huge fan of yogurt, but love granola, so I started mixing them together, and gradually added less granola and more yogurt until I was just eating yogurt. Sometimes I sprinkle a teeny bit of granola on for crunch.

somethingnew912 01-26-2011 07:34 PM

I hated greek yogurt the first time I tried it. But after I kept hearing people talk about it, I tried it again. Now, I love the greek yogurts with the fruit at the bottom.

I also eat an Activia yogurt everyday, the strawberry one is my favorite. I think that yogurt is kind of like coffee....at least it was for me. I was confused by the taste when I first tried it, but after awhile, it started to grow on me and now I eat it twice a day.

I'd say just keep experimenting, but also try to learn to appreciate the unique "sourness" that you taste.

If all else fails, it might just not be for you. I hate pears....I can't explain it. I have tried all kinds and I keep thinking I will change....but I just hate them lol.