I can't believe the crap I used to eat and call "snacks." I actually eat better now than I ever did--AND I'm losing weight doing it.
Some of my favorites:
- Thinly-sliced Fuji apples and slivers of sharp cheddar cheese
- Yogurt spread on a couple of graham crackers (a little higher-carb and more indulgent than most of my snacks, but tastes like flavored cheesecake!)
- Carrot sticks and hummus. Broccoli and hummus. Crispbread and hummus. I'm sensing a theme.
- Louisiana navel oranges and a square of premium dark chocolate
- Red grapes and shavings of parmigiano reggiano cheese dotted with balsamic vinegar
- String cheese and cherry tomatoes if I want something savory, string cheese with ambrosia apples for a sweeter snack. String cheese is just awesome in general!
- Pistachios, when I can limit myself to just a few, which is tough.