Torani SF syrups - Which do you like and how do you use them?

• I went to Cost Plus World Market for the first time last week, and was sucked in by their display of Torani sugar-free syrups. I got the SF vanilla, and have really enjoyed using a splash of it in my 25 calorie hot chocolate.

Which syrup flavors do you like? Which taste the best, and which should be avoided? What do you add them to?

I'm already thinking the hazelnut and almond flavors would be good in hot chocolate, as well as in oatmeal and yogurt. Coffee and tea are a given, too.

Chime in with more ideas!
  • I had a major disappointment with the watermelon. I thought mixing it with club soda would be the most delightful and refreshing drink.......not so much. Perhaps because it was basically nekked since the soda has little flavor the artificial taste was way too up front.

I do like the flavors like vanilla and hazelnut in warm coffee with fat free 1/2 and 1/2
  • I put the coconut-flavored syrup in oat bran, then dilute it down with water -- that stuff needs a lot of water to keep it from solidifying like a facial mud mask -- and heat it up in the microwave.

I also bake with it, substituting it for any recipe that advises using Splenda & liquid. Different flavors have been particularly good in a low-fat whole-grain muffin recipe that I'm rather fond of.

I've tried it in yogurt, but it dilutes the yogurt too much for my taste -- what I value in a yogurt is thickness & creamy consistency.
  • SF Torani Recipe Ideas
    I love using sugar free caramel in my Greek yogurt. Just a splash goes a long way and doesn't dilute the constancy of the yogurt that much, especially with some fresh berries. Michelle at The World According to Eggface (theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com) is awesome and she uses sugar free Torani syrups in a number of really creative ways.
  • Quote: I love using sugar free caramel in my Greek yogurt. Just a splash goes a long way and doesn't dilute the constancy of the yogurt that much, especially with some fresh berries. Michelle at The World According to Eggface (theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com) is awesome and she uses sugar free Torani syrups in a number of really creative ways.
    Thanks for the link! I'll check it out for some ideas.
  • I've tried the almond, lime, and raspberry. They're almost too good.
  • I use the french vanilla and irish cream syrups for my coffee. When I make my unsweetened cocoa powder oatmeal, I add some peppermint syrup. Yum!
  • I like it as a syrup for pancakes
  • I have used sugar free caramel and vanilla in my coffee. Sugar free peach in my unsweetened tea is awesome.
  • I put a tablespoon of the SF caramel on my oatmeal, to die for!! I also do the caramel or Irish cream or Kahlua in my coffee, so good. (Can you tell I love these??)
  • I've become addicted to Italian Cream Sodas using these...

I start with crushed ice (it's best crushed, trust me...)
    Add 4-6 squirts of whatever flavor, combo of flavors I want that day (I have almost the full collection of SF syrups...)
    put enough club soda in the glass to almost fill it.
    Add a TBSP or so of heavy whipping cream (or half and half).

Stir and enjoy :-)

Most of the syrups will work well if you do it in that order. If you mix up the order, sometimes the cream doesn't jive with the syrup and you have a clumpy mess in your glass. But if you do it this way, most flavors will work well.

My favorite is a peach/coconut/white chocolate combo. Also addicted to Raspberry/chocolate/vanilla. Watermelon does not make me happy. Brown Sugar Cinnamon is only good if you use a tiny bit mixed with chocolate and salted caramel. Lime needs to be mixed in with something else like raspberry to make it good.

I've also used caffeine free coke zero instead of club soda, with only 2-3 squirts of syrup. Also good. Especially with raspberry and lemon or lime.

I've also used the syrups in homemade hot chocolate instead of sugar and it tastes delish! Peppermint and salted caramel are my faves in hot chocolate.
  • I make lattes with almond milk and the peppermint and chocolate syrups.

I like the raspberry in dt coke or lemonade, I have a soda stream and like using the syrups by themselves for flavoring.

I personally didn't like the salted caramel very much.

I have also used it in my oatmeal.
  • I love Chocolate Macadamia nut in a chocolate protein shake & 1/2 cup coconut flavored coffee & lots of ice. my morning glory! ( I like Dunkin Donuts Coconut coffee) other flavors that I like are : Pumpkin spice, use the same way with pumpkin coffee. Almond Roca is a great flavor too
  • Better than Torani!
    I found something even better than Torani syrups. There's a product called Dreamy Drops, which has 0 calories, 0 sugars, and 0 carbs. It's like Torani syrup but so, so much better!

I ordered the drops from their website (you can do a Google search). I got the Vanilla Cupcake, Fudge Brownie, and Chocolate Mint flavors. I use them in my coffee, yogurt, oatmeal....you name it. It's truly an AWESOME find!!!