Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #1  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Default My Name is Bethany and I Am Addicted to String Cheese

They say the first step is acknowleding you have a problem, right?

I’ve come to the very sad conclusion that I cannot be trusted with string cheese in my refrigerator.

I will literally wake up in the middle of the night and devour 5 or 6 sticks at a time. Once, I ate an entire package in the car between the grocery store and home (a 10 minute drive at the most).

I find this ridiculous. I’ve heard of chocoholics, I’ve heard of carbaholics. I’ve seen my friend polish off a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts in one day. But STRING CHEESE?! How silly! I don’t even know why I love it so much, but something about it just sets me off on a binge…

What about you? Any weird or atypical foods you just can’t control yourself with?

Last edited by ThicknPretty; 08-11-2010 at 11:55 AM.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #2  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

lol I am the same way! They are so yummy it is hard to stop at just one and then you go to have one later and it is the last one left out of the package and you are trying to figure out where they all went so fast lol
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Frozen peanut m&m's and flaming hot cheetos. Not together, but the good thing about the m&m's is, if they aren't frozen, I won't want them, but those flamin hot cheetos always need to be taken away from me. I feel you! String cheese is delicious! I don't blame you for loving those! Cheese also scares me for "digestive" reasons. But if it didn't, theyd be on my list!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

I don't know about string cheese but I know plenty of people who eat cheese in general like it's going out of style. Lately it's too salty for my taste but I used to adore string cheese and would eat it like crazy.

I cannot be trusted with "regular" chocolate, and by that I mean anything under 70% dark chocolate. I can have a piece of that and be satisfied but junk candy, I can't stop. I don't know why, it doesn't even taste good anymore, I think it just triggers old habits. So I have to be very careful and I try to just avoid it altogether.

And cheerios! Honey Nut, plain, chocolate...love, love love it! It's one of the few carb heavy things I even still like, but I can eat bowl upon bowl upon bowl of it without a second thought. So now I have to chug a lot of water after I have it, or have it after a workout when I'm not bound to want to eat much, because I know otherwise, I will go nuts.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #5  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I have a string cheese problem, too. I thinks it's the saltiness and the texture that makes it so good.

I have several atypical healthy foods that I can't keep in the house because I'll binge on it:

Chick peas (omg, I love them too much)
Avocado
Olive Oil (I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I will eat spoonfuls of it)
Flax seed
Cottage cheese
Crystal Light
Bacos
Popcorn
Raisins/any dried fruit

Also, I have learned to never buy sugar free candy. It is a binge food that has gotten me quite sick.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

This thread is making me hungry...For me it's the ice cream. I honestly could eat a tub on my own over two days. That's the large tub...not the small Ben and Jerry's!!
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #7  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

i know how you feel! my daughter always wants it for her lunch but i buy it and then in 2 days it's gone! i feel awful lol
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #8  
losing and schmoozing

S/C/G: 175/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6"

Oh wow, am I a cheese addict. String cheese is like my secret weakness.

I decided a little while back that instead of buying string cheese, I would get cottage cheese instead - 1/2 cup of fat-free is only 50 calories. It makes a good snack that's filling without setting off my cravings. Maybe you can find a similar string cheese alternate that gives you the same kind of satisfaction without being so addictive!
cornellchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I'm with LaureeDee on the Cheerios - I can't have a box here or I'm in them all the time. The banana nut ones are DIVINE and I can't stay out of them...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #10  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

One word: pretzels.
Oh man do I love pretzels!
And pretzel rods, too!

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #11  
certifiable

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/155

I am addicted to Cheez-Its.

I used to eat them just about every night, sometimes as much as a half a box or more in one sitting.

Since I started the diet, I have tried counting out a portions worth and putting them in a ziploc bag, but I always go back for more. I now buy reduced fat wheat crackers, and I can portion those out just fine. It's only the Cheez-Its I can't restrain myself with, so I don't buy them any more.
KarenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #12  
banned

I'm awful with binging, but I'm not sure if any of my "favorites" are atypical. Here are some:

Ice cream (I can polish off a half gallon by myself in two days, but don't even get me on Ben and Jerry's. Those are gone in one day.)

Donuts

Cheese

Chocolate

Strawberries

Potato Chips (especially the onion flavored ones)

Special K Fruit and Yogurt cereal

Cherries

Simply Limeade (and any other limeade for that matter.)

Dark Chocolate Almond milk

I have a monstrous sweet teeth.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #13  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MOtivated Chickie...our list could be a match...however not the olive oil part, but the rest, OMG
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #14  
certifiable

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serval87 View Post

Dark Chocolate Almond milk
Ooh, I just bought this for the first time yesterday -- it is SO yummy-licious... I always keep vanilla almond milk in the house, as I put it on my cereal in the morning. I considered putting the dark chocolate kind on my Cheerios this morning, but I wasn't sure what that would taste like....
KarenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #15  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBee View Post
Ooh, I just bought this for the first time yesterday -- it is SO yummy-licious... I always keep vanilla almond milk in the house, as I put it on my cereal in the morning. I considered putting the dark chocolate kind on my Cheerios this morning, but I wasn't sure what that would taste like....
I know! The stuff is amazing!! I haven't tried almond milk on cereal, though.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote