Chocolate Shake?

• I'm really craving a chocolate shake but I don't want all those calories.

I was thinking about how I could make my own healthy shake. Do you think it would be yummy if I made it like a smoothie?

80 cal dannon vanilla Yogurt, ice, & a packet of 25 calorie sugar free swiss miss. Blend.

Any other ideas or suggestions?
  • Here's something very high protein I make for breakfast sometimes. You can half it for fewer calories...

1 cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese (180 cals)
    6-9 ice cubes (depending on how icy you want it)
    2 packets Sweet & Low (Splenda, whatever you want)
    Hershey Lite Chocolate Syrup (45 cals)

Put it all in the blender and blend 'til creamy. It's good and sweet and creamy and above all filling...
  • No suggestions, but if it's good, let me know! I LOVE chocolate, especially shakes, and would love a good substitute.
  • Well, the chocolate shake wasn't all that great, it reminded me of one of those weight loss shakes & I don't like those. I'm thinking I should have used a sugar free, fat free chocolate pudding cup or maybe even plain yogurt instead of vanilla yogurt.

I'm going to keep experimenting with it, there's got to be something out there that will taste similar to a chocolate shake.
  • In blender, I combine 1 c. skim milk, 1/2 c. frozen raspberries, 1 T. Nestle's Quik syrup
  • I do:

1 cup water or milk (I actually use vanilla almondmilk)
    1 cup frozen cherries
    1 frozen banana
    2 tbsp protein powder (optional)
    2 tbsp cocoa
    1 splash of vanilla, unless you use vanilla milk.

Throw in the blender and blend! It tastes wonderful!
  • i love the muscle milk chocolate light drinks.. so creamy and chocolaty. i usually blend that with some strawberries and ice, sooo good.