Pizza!!!!!! Mmmm delicious!

• Okay, so I have FINALLY scored a quick and easy pizza fix!! This is more of the traditional pizza flavors. I wish I would have taken a picture, I will do that next time!

235 Calories
    60 cal - Joseph's pita
    15 cal - 2T of pizza sauce
    70 cal - 1/4 c 2% mozzarella cheese
    35 cal - 8 turkey pepperoni
    25 cal - 4 black olives sliced
    30 cal - red onion, red and yellow peppers, mushrooms

I wasn't sure how well the Joseph's pita would work, so I started off by trying to crisp it in a pan, that somewhat worked, then I put the sauce and cheese and had lightly sauteed everything else. I added it on top and baked at 350 degrees for 10 minutes directly on the oven rack. OMG, I was either really hungry or it was truly very tasty!!

FYI - I always have red and yellow bell peppers julienned in my fridge, they go well with EVERYTHING, from a sandwich to eggs or pizza!
  • Here is a pizza I had made some time back....
    (1) Flatout Light Italian Flatbread
    1 tsp Greek Salad Dressing (I already had this made in my fridge - finely chopped garlic, olive oil, greek seasoning and oregano)
    Handful of fresh spinach
    1 oz feta cheese
    4 black olives
    Handful of sliced red onions
    14 Grilled Shrimp (seasoned with Greek Seasoning and sauteed in 1 t of EVOO)

Here are the total values for this entire pizza:
    Calories: 325
    Fat: 12.5g
    Carbs: 23g
    Dietary Fiber: 11g
    Net Effective Carbs: 9g
    Protein: 37g

• Mmmm.. pizza.

I like making pizzas with the Flatout Flatbreads too! Most of my pizzas end up being around 300 calories or less. It is a quick and easy meal for me. Even my S.O. who is a huge pizza fan likes these pizzas. I do usually add more cheese on his and most of the time anchovies (BLECK!) at his request.

For a crispy crust for the flatbread pizzas:

Bake the flatbread alone for 6 - 7 minutes at 350 degrees on a cookie sheet.
    Flip over.
    Top with toppings and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the toppings are cooked.
  • Quote: Here is a pizza I had made some time back....
    (1) Flatout Light Italian Flatbread
    1 tsp Greek Salad Dressing (I already had this made in my fridge - finely chopped garlic, olive oil, greek seasoning and oregano)
    Handful of fresh spinach
    1 oz feta cheese
    4 black olives
    Handful of sliced red onions
    14 Grilled Shrimp (seasoned with Greek Seasoning and sauteed in 1 t of EVOO)

Here are the total values for this entire pizza:
    Calories: 325
    Fat: 12.5g
    Carbs: 23g
    Dietary Fiber: 11g
    Net Effective Carbs: 9g
    Protein: 37g

That looks yummy.
  • Love it!
    Pizza is the one item that can rip me off my diet. I love it. Of course, being a food lover its hard to stick with the one or two slices (no control). It calls to me... so thanks for the tips on some low-cal delish looking pizzas. Def gonna try these.