organic asparagus & broccoli sprouts

• i am trying to get organic foods when i can find them. i haven't seen organic asparagus or broccoli sprouts. has anyone found a good resource for either of these?

thanks!
  • My mostly organic grocery store carries both. Do you have any organic stores in your area. You may have some you don't know about, try google maps and searching 'organic market' for your city.
  • I pretty much only eat asparagus in season, so my farmer's market is a great source. It gets really inexpensive for a few weeks.

That said, I think I've seen organic at the grocery store, so you might check out a variety of stores to see if they have it.

You can make your own broccoli sprouts - just follow sprouting instructions with organic seeds. Overall, it's going to be cheaper, and you can make them in the quantity you need.

Sprouting instructions and a supplier for organic seeds: http://www.sproutpeople.com/seed/bro...uters.broccoli
  • thanks to you both! i will double check to see if there is a specifically organic store other than where i already shop, and to see if we have a farmers market anywhere near. there is a whole foods but it's a long drive away. i really like the idea of growing the sprouts, too, so thanks for the link.