3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Just Yogurt and Fruit (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/205607-just-yogurt-fruit.html)

Rochester 06-26-2010 08:59 AM

Just Yogurt and Fruit

I really love yogurt. But the packaged kinds are filled with corn syrup and/or artificial sweeteners, and nasty dyes and chemicals. Bleck. :p So I made my own concoction with just yogurt and fruit and it's so yummy! :yes:

Just Yogurt and Fruit (2 servings)
6 oz. Chobani plain Greek yogurt
1/2 6-inch banana, cut into chunks
4 large strawberries, sliced
1/4 C. fresh blueberries

Whir it all up in a food processor until it's blended but still a little chunky. Eat immediately or freeze for 30-45 minutes until slightly frozen but not solid.

Per serving:
Calories 94; Carbs 14; Fat 0; Protein 10

JulieJ08 06-26-2010 01:33 PM

I have the same thing except no blender, I don't prefer that. And toasted almonds stirred in :)

evilwomaniamshe 06-26-2010 05:34 PM

My breakfast most every morning is chobani blueberry yogurt, sliced strawberries and a banana or any fruit like grapes I use also, plus I add in 1/2 cup dry old fashioned oats, stir and sprinkle with ground flax, truly decadent stuff lemme tell ya! :)

nelie 06-26-2010 06:13 PM

For years, I've been making my own yogurt cups. I use soy yogurt now but just buy any frozen fruit (berries work best I think), use 1 cup tupperwares, spoon in some plain unsweetened yogurt and fruit of your choice. Best to let it sit overnight in the fridge to allow fruit to melt.

Rochester 06-26-2010 06:35 PM

I guess I didn't have a revolutionary idea. ;) But the reason I was excited is because it tasted like packaged kinds. I've been trying to do the "stir fruit into yogurt" thing for a couple weeks, but it just never seemed blended and the plain yogurt still seemed too obvious (and I think it's got a weird tangy/bland flavor).

JulieJ08 06-26-2010 07:42 PM

Revolutionary, Shmevolutionary. The important thing is you love it!

3FCer344892 06-27-2010 08:25 AM

Sounds great! I'll have to try that. :)

cherylmn 06-28-2010 11:53 AM

I have a new yogurt love, too!

Prepare the night before:

1/2c blueberries
cinnamon to taste
freshly grated lemon zest to taste + 1tsp-1Tbs lemon juice if you like it lemony (I do!)
Honey or sweetner to taste (I add 1 pkt splenda)

Microwave all on high for 1-2 minutes & mash with a fork or the back of a spoon. Cover & chill in the fridge overnight.

Fold in your plain, 0% fat greek yogurt the next morning & VOILA! some of the best tasting fruit-based yogurt I've ever eaten. I am addicted to this!!!

Cheryl

rachelpaula 07-19-2010 08:10 PM

my yogurt & fruit favorite (I'm on the F Factor diet and working with a nutritionist at Tanya Zuckerbrot nutrition)

0% greek yogurt
frozen berries (blueberries, rasp or black) heated for a minute or until warm in the microwave. Mix stir in a little Spenda for sweetness
and if you're doing carbs: 1/2 cub of Fiber 1

I am @ssmrachel on Twitter