What looks healthy can be decieving...

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Tonight's dinner is hummus, whole wheat bread and a whole bunch of veggies and some fruit for dessert.

My new favorite hummus is cava. It is 50 calories per 2 tbsp which honestly isn't bad. If I eat 4 tbsp with some veggies, a couple pieces of bread, etc, I'm satisfied.
  • On topic: I am always surprised how many calories a restaurant can pack into a meal. Just by reading a description, you'd think the meals aren't so bad, but when you look up the calories, it can boggle the mind. Even on salads!

Ditto on the granola and trail mix - I only eat trail mix when backpacking.

Off topic: I love bean stuff of all kinds, and I recently bought an oil-free bean dip with white beans, lots of herbs, garlic and lemon juice. Amazing! I think hummus is good for you if you don't get it in a restaurant and I find it very filling. I also like to make these things at home. Don't give up on hummus!
  • some bagels can be the equivalent of like 6 servings of grains...some of them are huge. as long as you dont pick a monster sized one you should be fine
  • I totally agree... you have to know your facts and watch your stuff. Sooooo many foods in the grocery stores which are marketed as "heart healthy" or "healthy" are nothing but GMO corn and soy based, loaded with sugar, salt and chemicals.