3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Breakfast ideas for someone that hates breakfast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/200054-breakfast-ideas-someone-hates-breakfast.html)

Staci816 04-22-2010 12:04 PM

Breakfast ideas for someone that hates breakfast

One of my main struggles when losing weight finding breakfast foods that I enjoy. Eggs make me feel queasy and I'm not a cereal person, I so load up on fruits and yogurt only to get bored early on.

Anyone else have trouble finding breakfast foods they enjoy? Anyone eat lunch foods for breakfast?

Shytowngal 04-22-2010 12:20 PM

Yes! I make a ham sandwich for breakfast a lot. Or sometimes I'll have a portion of last nights dinner. you don't have to eat what society deems appropriate "breakfast foods" calories are calories!

Priscatip 04-22-2010 12:21 PM

Oatmeal? English muffins with laughing cow cheese? By all means, if you don't want to eat traditional 'breakfast foods', eat leftovers with protein that fit in to your calorie count. Leftover homemade pizza is one of my favorites. So is a turkey and cheese rollup if I'm running late.

ANewCreation 04-22-2010 12:40 PM

I am better at eating breakfast than I've ever been in my life but having said that there are days when a protien shake is about all I can do. I keep them in the fridge so they are handy. Great for those really early workout mornings. Not too heavy on the tummy. And they're tasty--lots of flavors to choose!

If you don't like the idea of a protein shake then you could make a smoothie (I'd add some protein powder).

Have anything you want for breakfast, calories are calories. Enjoy!

AnnieDrews 04-22-2010 02:06 PM

I'm not much on savory things for breakfast. I do like to make this breakfast sandwich occasionally, though. I've posted it elsewhere so sorry if it's a duplicate idea for you.

1 High Fiber Oroweat English Muffin, split
3 slices Hillshire Farms ultra-thin sliced smoked ham
1 slice 2% american cheese

Make a sandwich out of it, micro for about 20-25 secs. YUM! And 220 calories.

girl81 04-24-2010 08:02 AM

green smoothie:
spinach
ice
tomato juice
garlic
cayenne pepper

blender

highflyer 04-24-2010 12:22 PM

I'm not a big breakfast person myself. I've gotten into the habit lately though of eating some hard boiled eggs with some fruit or something.

I've eaten left overs, yogurt, sandwiches, etc. Anything that's in the fridge is really fair game when it comes to breakfast in the mornings. As long as it's not too fattening I'll grab it. My favorite breakfast lately has been a few eggs with a few pieces of leftover popcorn chicken. Tastes pretty good together.

tommy 04-24-2010 07:42 PM

When I am having one of those mornings where food does not appeal, I do fruit whirled in the blender with ice (berries or melon) and sip that until mid or later morning (the fruit drink seems to activate the appetite). If I am on the go I really enjoy the new Subway low cal breakfast sammies with a light wheat english muffin, egg white "patty", think slice of ham, bit of cheese and you can add veggie as desired. Toasted please. The nutritional info says 150 to 200 cal (2 to 4 WW pts) and it is real food. That tides me over for hours.

ennay 04-25-2010 08:38 PM

If I workout before breakfast I often would prefer a sandwich or a bean burrito for breakfast than anything breakfasty. I'll also do any kind of leftover. If you dont like breakfast foods, dont eat them. The only tough part is when you are traveling.

Lola Dark 04-27-2010 12:41 PM

I don't like breakfast either - mostly because my body just isn't awake enough to be hungry yet, but I find that if I don't eat something anyway I'm too hungry later on and over eat...

eating non-breakfast foods is a great idea as others have said if it's just breakfast foods you don't like

other ideas for lighter meals if you just aren't awake yet:

fiber one bar or cliff bar (Il like the kids cliff bars because they are smaller and softer) with soy or almond milk and fruit

smoothie!! (try one with fruit and kale for max energy and nutrients I swear you taste only the fruit!)

smoothie with oats in it for max staying power

dumplingtype 04-27-2010 01:19 PM

I like my breakfasts savory. I find something too sweet in the morning makes me feel ill.

Yes, I'm a fan of non-traditional breakfasts such as:

homemade soup (lentil vegetable or any other bean based soup)
mock tuna salad (google it for various recipes) with lettuce/tomato on a thin.
cottage cheese on sourdough bread with a slice of raw onion & tomato (again!). a heavy dosing of pepper helps.
flavored almonds & soy milk (weird!)
also a big fan for eating hummus sandwiches for brekkie.

I will also eat leftovers, and sort of hobble together a piecemeal breafkast.

sotypical 04-27-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shytowngal (Post 3259818)
Yes! I make a ham sandwich for breakfast a lot. Or sometimes I'll have a portion of last nights dinner. you don't have to eat what society deems appropriate "breakfast foods" calories are calories!

Just wanted to say ditto to this. I don't aways eat breakfast for breakfast. My boyfriend laughs at me for eating sandwiches, veggie burgers, left overs - eat whatever you want!

ANOther 04-29-2010 07:38 PM

I went on a bus tour of Europe one time, and at the hotels in Holland and Germany the breakfast buffet always had cold cuts and cheese. So if you like a savory breakfast, a deli sandwich might be up your alley. (I wonder why we think of certain foods, such as cereal and fried stuff, as breakfast fare anyway?)

Staci816 05-04-2010 11:02 AM

Thank you so much for the fantastic ideas, folks...can't wait to try some of them!!!

Mikan 05-04-2010 11:59 AM

Sometimes I have a savory Japanese style breakfast of Miso Soup with or without rice and maybe a piece of fish or vegetables. Doesn't this seem far from our perception of breakfast? Yet it is really satisfying when breakfast foods don't cut it, and really easy to make.