Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 336/290/196

Height: 6ft3

Default Homemade sweet and sour sauce!!!

It has always puzzled me how sweet and sour sauce is so bad for you, calories wise anyway. So I looked up a homemade one and i made just a portion for myself to try with some moodles etc and it was fab!!!
i worked the calories out and there can't have been more than about 70 calories for the sauce!! i was suprised just how little calories there are in tomato kethcup.
it was very nice indeed so i would recommend it to everyone if you like sweet and sour, it literally only took 2 mins to make, if that. heres the recipe if anyone want it.

2 tablespoons malt vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
1 dessertspoon cornflour
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 pint water

you just stir the cornflour in with the water and mix, then add it to the rest of the ingredients and heat. its one of the simplest and tastiest sauces ive done before and low in calories too!! you could even use low calorie granulated sweetener if you wanted to
JayneEnglandUK123 is offline   Reply With Quote