Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 11:23 AM   #1  
what goes around...

Question McDONALD'S GETTING LEANER?

Looks like McDonald's is going to cut the fat in their french fries, and other "deep-fried" foods before too long.

Big Wheelz
[email protected]
Old 10-02-2002, 11:42 PM   #2  

The way I understand it, they are switching the type of fats they cook everything in. This would not necessarily reduce fat content, but would use "good" fats.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:16 PM   #3  

Default mcdonalds and healthy

Hiya!
well ok i will admit it..i workat mcdonalds was training for management and didnt liek so i am stepping down. anywasy yes fat is just diffrent..but if you go to the website online you will see that in canada they have a healthy menu...where here we do not..with a few minor changes a few thing son the menu could be made VERY healthy and acceptable..i hav eheard from teh owner of our store there is talk of purhaps shrinking the parfait smaller and putting on the dollar menu ..(i like less sugar) more salads ect and if they used the same chick they use for the ceaser salad for faijitas they would save big on the fat..
when at a mcdonalds you really do have a say in your food fill out a questionar...go to website and write, call the 800 number now on all the boxes..they are listening more and more. With the stock prices going down they are listen more and more to what the consumers want now is the time to speak up..i know when my owner is in i do..
He wanted to stop carrying soups! reason being the rest of his stores dont do well with it..we are in a industrial park and they sell great when people are dieting(many regulars area) i suggest a mcgrill no mayo and a bowl of the soup.. I told owner it would be great to have a soup and sandwhich deal once in a bit to that the customers ask for..
trust me he only listens to us only so much..then in one ear and out other ..its the paying customers that he truly wishes to please..
DONT BE AFRAID..speak up when you dont like something or wishes changes..just telling a manager is not enough... go corprate..
Warm regards
Niccii
Closed Thread