Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 280/210/170

Height: 5' 9.5"

I too am a lover of the mayo. Here in Italy mayo is a common condiment along with chips as well. Love the stuff and just make room for it in the day's intake. A lil dab will do me lol. Nothing beats homemade mayo! I tried the recipe from Mark's Daily Apple (ooh can't post urls yet) and took restraint to not slather it on absolutely everything in site, good stuff
zibsca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #17  

I did not grow up with it, but came to crave it on toasted baguette with really ripe tomato and bacon bits. I also really like it with baked fries (the packaged ones). I found an on sale squeeze bottle of "horseradish sauce" that was like a horseradish flavored mayo (60 cal/T) and I haved been useing that sparingly. Sometimes I think I would like a really mayo laden tuna sandwich but I usually talk myself out of it. I do notice that if I eat even a tea sandwich with mayo the fat really fills me up now.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #18  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichu View Post
But I know that the lower I get, the more changes I'll have to make to keep the weight coming off.

What do you like to use in place of mayo? Or do you just indulge when you want it? Considering that mayo and olive oil are pretty much my only sources of fat - I eat mostly lean protein, whole grain, and fruit - should I worry?

What's your relationship with mayo?

I personally wouldnt stress too much about it right now. If mayo is what you love then find a way to work it in to your diet. I think most of us have found ways to work in some not perfect choices. If you come to a point where you have to make changes, you can make them.

I can sub for mayo or stretch it most of the time, but when summer comes and there are very very perfect tomatoes straight from the garden, then I must have mayo. Must. And at least one BLT with real bacon. So I guess my relationship with mayo is I still love it and I still eat it, just not as much of it.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 445/232/210

Height: 5'8

I admit, regular full fat mayo used to be a trigger food for me! I used to mix it with hot sauce and eat it as a dip with cheez-its. I need to stay away from the stuff!

I used to have such contempt for low fat mayo, but I forced myself to get used to the taste. It also doesn't call to me in the same way, so I can keep it in my home without constantly thinking about it.
dumplingtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 294/282/onederland

Height: 5'6''

i ADORE mayo!!!!! i am doing WW and still eating it on my sandwiches. i put it on the toasted breat and then scrape most of it off so there is only a light, light layer of it.

i agree that mustart and mayo are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS!!!! in the past i switched while trying to lose weight. but this is a life style change for me this time. i would prefer to use mayo so sparingly rather than eat something i dont like and not feel satisfied..that might be worse in the long run!! (cause me to eat something else later)
Cinderella5596 is offline   Reply With Quote