Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #16  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoMarcia View Post
Maybe now with support I can actually do this!
You can totally do this!

Big salads are how I get through lunch time. I take whatever greens look yummy (spinach, arugula, or spring mix), and then throw whatever I can find in the salad. Orange segments, dried cranberries (lots of sugar in those, so not too many), a few walnuts, cucumber slices, sunflower seeds, sprouts, red onion, raw broccoli, chick peas... It's a feast.

The 1-1-4 ratio is a great plan. You'll be amazed not only at how you look when the weight starts dropping, but how you feel, too.
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 138/138/110

Height: 5'0"

hmm...sounds like you are bouncing between extremes, like from all veggies to all burgers? i don't really "cook" much anymore, but i keep things in the kitchen that are quick and more satisfying than some veggies.

for example, it's not too hard to keep sandwich makings around and throw together a sandwich whenever i get hungry. it's not as healthy as a salad, but not as terrible as a cheeseburger.

cans of soup, cups of yogurt, popcorn, frozen foods, etc. aren't too bad for you. i like to buy frozen veggie burgers and heat them up with some cheese and toss them on some bread. it only takes 90 seconds to heat up

sometimes i just throw in two slices of bread and a slice of cheese in the toaster oven and i have grilled cheese!

for me, it's not a matter of feeling full, but i need comfort foods to satisfy my cravings.
tomato sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I think it's important to count all your calories. The only things I don't count are spices and vinegar.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote