Possibly another reason not to drink soda?

• http://www.webmd.com/cancer/pancreat...r-linked-sodas

I'm never entirely certain of the concreteness of these studies, but if anything could even *potentially* raise my risk of any type of cancer, I'm all for avoiding it. It says that it's possibly due to the fact that it raises insulin levels which could contribute to the growth of pancreatic cancer cells.

I don't drink soda anyway (I used to be a huge addict), but I thought this was an interesting study.

Thoughts?
  • Soda affects a lot of areas of the body - kidneys, bones (makes osteoporosis worse because it leaches calcium from the body), and it had was too much sodium. I'll stick with water.
  • Soda is definitely not worth it! If I'm craving something carbonated I drink a sparkling apple cider
  • I quit drinking soda completely, diet or not, once I started having kidney problems due to the soda I was drinking. Now I drink 65 - 110 oz. of water a day and I feel so much better!
  • I read that study too. Scared me enough to try and "quit pop" and not let my children have anymore. So many things contribute to cancer....makes you wonder what doesn't.