Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Default Really Satisfying Foods

I am happy when I eat in a healthy manner. Sometimes, though, I just don't feel satisfied. It's probably just mind over matter. For example, for lunch I ate a big plate of salad greens and tomatoes topped with a small can of tuna and drizzled with fat-free salad dressing. Had 7 Ritz crackers with it. Several people commented on how good my salad looked to them. It tasted really good, too. When I was finished, I was full, but still felt like I wanted to keep eating. I had a 100 calorie granola bar and that did not do the trick.

Anyone have any food combos that are truly satisfying without being too high in calories? I am trying to increase my fiber. Whole grains and such. Had oatmeal for breakfast.

I really think it might be mind over matter, I probably need to work on my mindset.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Usually when I get like that where I had a good filling lunch but was not satisfied there is something missing. Either the meal is too low in fat to be satiating or I am craving something in specific. So it is really hard to say what will do the trick on any particular day.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #3  
No description available.

The only fat you had was from the tuna and the crackers. I would have added some nuts, avocado or olives and swapped out the crackers for some beans as they tend to fill me up and have more protein and fiber than ritz. How many ounces was the tuna? I might have aimed for at least 3-5 oz of tuna.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

So I need to add fat? I guess 3 oz. of tuna has about 1 gram. I suppose I need to investigate healthy fats. I just try to keep the fat down, as I know there are things I will eat that contain it later in the day (chicken for supper, for example).
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

fat is very satiating. I dont do well on less than 25%, I lost most of my weight running ~ 30-32% fat.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote