What is everyone having for New Years Eve Dinner tonight (at home)?

• I am curious as to what everyone is making for dinner tonight.
  • My dad is making homemade chicken noodle soup! yum...seems perfect for the wet, dreary weather we are having the past couple of days.
  • Chicken and brown rice + broccoli with cheese.
  • spicy stir fry with broccoli, carrots, red onion, zucchini, orange & yellow pepper, chicken served over fresh angel hair and topped with diced tomato
  • Eggplant curry, samosa wraps, and salad.
  • Usually hubby makes a really special dinner for us. We also talked about going to the fancy New Year's Eve buffet at our local pan-asian restaurant (they do South east asian, Chinese, japanese and fusion dishes). The buffet is going to have some really good diet-friendly choices, but the price is almost double their usual lunch buffet (which has most of the good choices).

My family is coming up for the weekend from Illinois, and they'll want to go out to eat somewhere nice, so for our budget and waistlines, we decided to keep it simple tonight, possibly baked pork chops or chicken with salad and veggies.

I don't drink often, but I might have a glass of my Moscato d' Asti that I like. And I bought a jar of pickled herring (it's traditional in my family to eat pickled herring at midnight of the New Year - it's supposed to bring luck or something. I just like pickled herring, so it's a fun tradition).

Even as a kid I loved it. My parents would sometimes have it at other winter parties, like Christmas Eve or even Thanksgiving, but they didn't often buy it outside of November through January.

I buy it more often because it's fairly popular here in Wisconsin all year (in Illinois it was often hard to find until early December). Still, I can't have New Year's without pickled herring.
  • Baked Chicken (haven't decided what kind yet- shake-n-bake, peri-peri, balsamic, general tso's, or stuffed/mediterranean) with sugar snap peas and a blood orange

edit- i went with the shake-n-bake but I think I'm going to try the periperi tonight!
  • Pork chops, roasted potatoes and green beans! And ONE glass of red wine.
  • Right now, I've got black-eyed pea & collard green soup simmering on the stove, but that's for tomorrow afternoon.

Tonight, it's small lobster tails with turnips, spinach & roasted zucchini, onions, peppers & eggplant.
  • gluten free personal sauteed peppers and red onion pizza (no cheese) and raw veggies with ranch dip.
  • Friends are coming over tonight and my friend makes a TO DIE for Prime Rib... this year we are having baked potatoes (last year it was one of those cheesey tater casseroles) and salad. I went to the store this afternoon and it felt so weird to NOT buy snacks. The grocery store had samples all over the place. I even bought and made green tea for dinner.
  • i'm going to a dinner party at my friend's house.

This is awesome as her husband is a chef (who amazingly has the night off) and is rolling sushi and making awesome Japanese culinary delights.

It's especially awesome as it's all going to be good for you as the friend has lost around 90 pounds and insists on everything being healthy and low cal.
  • Nothing special.. just baked chicken with some veggies on the side.