3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Some Healthy Cold Cereals? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/18590-some-healthy-cold-cereals.html)

missaprylj 07-29-2002 02:00 PM

Some Healthy Cold Cereals?

:) Hello Everyone!
I love cold cereal and I was just wondering which ones you all thought were the "best" healthwise. I'm looking for one low in sugars and calories/sat. fat and enriched white flour if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!! -Apryl

Sis 07-29-2002 05:24 PM

I usually eat Kashi "To Good Friends" or Kashi "Go Lean." I also tried just plain old Kashi "Puffed" today. I like that also. Not sure if it's white flour or not. Hope that helps....Sis :D

mauvaisroux 07-30-2002 10:41 PM

Hi Aprylcadabra!

I eat Kashi go lean and really enjoy it, Kashi Crunch is good too but I find it tastes more sugary.

Kashi "Go lean":

Energy 120 calories
Protein 8.0 grams
Fat 1.0 grams
Fibre 10 grams
Sugar 7.0 grams

I'm not sure if that is a lot of sugar as I don't having anything handy to compare it too and only eat cornflakes if I don't have Kashi:shrug:

missaprylj 07-31-2002 01:29 AM

Kashi

I've never heard of Kashi... is it like, found in grocery stores or is this something I'll have to go to the Co-Op (The local healthfood store) to get...?

Maxwell 07-31-2002 12:29 PM

I vote for Kashi too! Love it in yogurt!:)

QuilterInVA 07-31-2002 04:54 PM

Fiber One by Kellog's is till my favorite, followed by Kashi Good Friends and then plain old oatmeal.

mauvaisroux 08-03-2002 02:30 PM

I buy Kashi at a health food store but some grocery stores do carry it. Some outlets of the grocery chain "Loblaws" (only in Canada) have it in their organic food aisle.

Aprylcadabra-they do have a website if you would like more infromation, I think it is www.kashi.com, and are base in California.

missaprylj 08-03-2002 02:34 PM

Thanks again for your replies everyone. :-) I'm looking up Kashi on the internet, and looking into the other cereals. -Apryl

Suzanne 3FC 08-11-2002 07:28 AM

I wrote a food review on Kashi if you are interested in reading it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/food/fdrev/kashi-golean.html :) I've recently tried the Crunchy variety and will review it soon. It's a little better.

I guess it's all in what you get used to :p

DreamSmall 08-22-2002 08:19 AM

I eat Uncle Sam cereal. I has less than 1g of sugar, 7g of protein and 10g of fiber. It does have 5g of fat but only 0.5 of that is saturated fat. It is basically whole wheat kernels, whole flaxseed nd barley malt with some added vitamins and meinerals. The taste isn't bad though I prefer it with a little fresh fruit in it. It does have an incredible amount of fiber so you wouldn't want to eat too much of it at first. Maybe every other day until you are sure your body adjusts to the big dose of fiber. It does have 190 calories per serving but I think that all the good it does makes up for it.

Debbie

Debbie

mals1 08-22-2002 08:54 AM

Barbara's Puffins Cinnamon Cereal. It is to die for. MMMMMMM

KO 08-28-2002 12:00 PM

I like a 1/2 cup of fiber one in yogurt it keeps me satisfied till lunchtime and its also good to eat in your hand

Granny2 08-30-2002 08:42 PM

cold cereal

I found a brand I love. "Kashi". I love Heart to Heart, Good Friends, and Go Lean. Go lean has 10 gr. of fiber, and is really good. No extra sugar needed for Heart to Heart, and Splenda covers the rest. I can't get enough of this stuff.:lol: :D

aleka 09-03-2002 11:15 AM

I eat plain Shredded Wheat and Shredded Wheat and Bran. There is no added sugar in these cereals. Cheerios are good also, but they have 1 gm of added sugar.

red30349 09-22-2002 05:55 PM

I vote for a regular cereal Cheerios its whole grain oats, only 1 gram sugar and 2 fat grams