Can you pre-cook and freeze scrambled eggs?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I like eggs for breakfast but don't have time to cook every morning. I was thinking if I cook a bunch of them and freeze them in a container, then I could take out what I want in the mornings and nuke them with veggies or cheese or whatever. Has anyone ever done this and are they any good that way?
  • Freezing scrambled eggs
    Your eggs will probably suffer in texture if you freeze them, and then you still have to reheat them. I think a better solution is to cook a scrambled egg in the microwave--they're done in one minute. Simply scramble one egg in a small bowl with about 1/2 t. of water, then microwave for one minute. If you do 2 eggs, add a little time. You could add cheese or precooked veggies to them easily.
  • I was going to suggest the microwave, too.
    i just Whisk mine up with a fork in a big coffee mug , with water as previous poster suggests. You can do this in less time that it takes to get them out of the freezer ,
  • double thumbs up for the microwave! Yahoo!
  • I've frozen scrambled eggs before, and the results were mixed. It's edible, but that's about all I can say. The frozen egg "patties" hubby brought home from Aldi's or Sam's Club (don't remember which) weren't bad - but I think that was way before we were reading labels carefully, so who knows what other ingredients were in there to improve texture (or maybe it was the microwaving instructions). I microwave almost everything on high, and I do remember the instructions on the egg patty pucks was to use medium or low setting. So maybe my own would have turned out better if I'd followed those directions. I can scramble an egg in a pan about as fast as I can microwave (I also usually cook on the stovetop on high - hubby was a chef and is always chiding me for "treating every pan as a wok").
  • I haven't tried it, but I've seen lots of advice to make and freeze little quiche cups. Maybe that's a type of egg recipe that might freeze ok, particularly since a quiche or frittata type thing can be eaten cold anyway (avoiding the reheating).
  • Thanks everyone! I didn't know you could scramble an egg in the microwave!! The frittata sounds good too though
  • Eggs are great scrambled in the microwave; give it a try! I make mine in a mug with a wedge of laughing cow cheese.
  • I love mine microwaved! Here's a tip, though - if you microwave them, you might want to spray a bit of cooking spray on the dish first, because the residue is hard to remove if you don't.
  • Salsa goes great with microwaved eggs. And salsa is low calorie.
  • THANKS LADIES...

on the micro-wave scrambled eggs in a mug advice...

I have cooked them that way after my walk the last 2 mornings...fast and easy...

a little 2% milk....half a slice of cheese and 2 eggs in a big mug....2 minutes...done!
  • Microwaving an egg. That's interesting. I'll definitely have to try it! THanks!!
  • To save time in the mornings, my family often hard-boils a dozen eggs on Sunday night. We leave the shells on, refrigerate, and grab on the go.
    Make-ahead mini-quiche are also very convenient and easy. Just reheat in microwave oven for a minute.
  • Great thread for egg ideas:
    Definitely going to try the mini quiches and egg in a mug.. Great for the rushed school mornings!
    And also pre-boil eggs for the week too
  • Odd question, but I'm busy in the mornings. I want to scramble my eggs at night with veggies and then pop it in the fridge overnight so I can eat them in the morning. I know reheating frozen eggs isn't that great, but what about just warming up cold ones?
    thanks!