3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Subway's New Fit/Fresh Buffalo Chicken Sub - anyone had it? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/183042-subways-new-fit-fresh-buffalo-chicken-sub-anyone-had.html)

HotWings 09-30-2009 02:37 PM

Subway's New Fit/Fresh Buffalo Chicken Sub - anyone had it?

It is new on their Fit and Fresh menu - just wondering if it tastes any good? I love the spice of buffalo chicken. 370 cals & only 7 grams of fat. And they are using new light ranch dressing on it.

http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/menu/...ffalo_chicken/

I have no choice but to go out somewhere on Monday nights for dinner, because of a tight schedule with kids activities. This is one of the only restaurants I feel comfortable getting something at where we have to go.

Thoughts?

MindiV 09-30-2009 02:49 PM

That looks pretty good...hope they get it at OUR Subway...

JerseyGyrl 09-30-2009 03:23 PM

54 Carbs!!!:eek::eek::eek:

momto3kittiess 09-30-2009 03:34 PM

The carbs would kill me. I use to eat at subway all the time, and I think they make it out to be more healthy than it really is. I am pretty much done with subway.

beerab 09-30-2009 03:35 PM

I miss subway bread lol.

Sounds good to me if you are calorie counting :)

nelie 09-30-2009 03:45 PM

Subway can definitely be a healthy lunch. It is the oil and mayo that kills the calories and also the big subs. Although I just don't like their bread. If I'm going to have a sandwich, I'm going to go somewhere that has good bread. It is probably why I rarely have sandwiches any more!

370 calories isn't bad for a sandwich. Personally, I'd prefer the Chipotle veggie salad which has about the same amount of calories.

Oh and I noticed subway has flatbread sandwiches. I saw that the other day at the airport (and my only choice was subway). I passed on the flatbread thinking it would be higher in calories and I looked it up! Each piece of flatbread is 240 calories. Yikes.

HotWings 09-30-2009 04:34 PM

beerab: I just count calories (although I like to get the most from my calories & cut a lot of fat), so this is well within reason for my plan. :yes:

nelie: Holy moly - that flatbread is more than I would have thought! Glad I haven't tried any. :fr:

I just got off the phone with my local Subway. They do not have it now, but are going to start carrying it next week. :dancer:

Sheena41 09-30-2009 05:20 PM

You could always turn it into a salad for way less carbs.

Aclai4067 09-30-2009 05:43 PM

I normally don't like subway's chicken, except the chicken parmesean (did they do that here or was that just in Aus?). But this looks really interesting to me. I haven't had the opportunity yet, but I do want to try it. If you beat me to it, let me know how it is!

fyi- it's 7 WW points, that probably doesn't include the ranch. I always feel like I shouldn't be eating it when I have to flip the points finder over to the back side!

evieistrying09 09-30-2009 05:54 PM

I have wanted to try that SO BADLY, but I just haven't had a chance to go to subway yet.

Darn.

Tibouchina 10-03-2009 08:11 PM

I am a big fan of buffalo chicken, so had to try it. I really liked it! It's an added bonus that it's on the Fit menu. At least I can have this once in a while, in place of my fave buffalo chicken pizza which I am sure is NOT so Fit menu worthy.

yoyoma 10-03-2009 08:28 PM

I haven't been to a Subway in a very long time. Do they have a whole wheat bread option?

Tibouchina 10-03-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyoma (Post 2954811)
I haven't been to a Subway in a very long time. Do they have a whole wheat bread option?

They have a 9-grain wheat bread. I also like the honey-oat.

ohmanda 10-04-2009 12:55 AM

It was ok. I would have liked it spicer and I'm not big on Subway, but I love buffalo sauce and it is tastier than most things on its menu. The last time I had the roasted chicken it was awful. I've had soy chicken that was more chickeny than that.

Aclai4067 10-04-2009 03:30 PM

Still haven't tried it yet, but I was talking to my sister about it this weekend. Apparently they test marketed it near her like a year ago. She said she loved it.