Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 10-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #1  

Default Recipe websites

Hi all!

I've heard that there are recipe sites out there where you can check off common ingredients that you have in your home (ie: chicken breast, olive oil, veggies, etc. etc.) and it will come up with recipes that you can make with what you have. Have you heard of this? If so please share!

If you haven't heard of this - what are your favourite low-fat recipe sites? I'm in need of some new inspiration!
getfitchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #2  
Taking care of me.

The other day, I was reading on a website, may have been 3FC, where someone referred to supercook.com. You put in the contents of your pantry/fridge and it finds recipes for you.

I went to the site but didn't really play around with it; just added it to my favorites to check out later.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I don't very often follow recipes, I tend to fly by the seat of my pants when I cook, adding my favourite spices, and whatever I have on hand, often not using oil at all, steaming or baking instead. Chicken, sweet bell peppers, maybe some onion. Throw some spices in with it and you have a simple stirfry, or wrap in tortilla for fajitas. For recipe sites, when I do want one, google the main meat or other protein I'm using and add low fat to the mix, and see what comes up.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote