3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Yummmmm (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/181851-yummmmm.html)

harrismm 09-15-2009 05:00 PM

Yummmmm

http://www.holeydonuts.net/index.asp
These are awesome!!

happeningf 09-15-2009 05:14 PM

I thought a regular glazed donut was around 250 - 300 cals?!??!

harrismm 09-15-2009 05:19 PM

Possibly...not sure...fat content higher I bet.Web site has comparisons:)

Eumie 09-15-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happeningf (Post 2927192)
I thought a regular glazed donut was around 250 - 300 cals?!??!

According to their site a low fat glazed is only 158 calories. If you're into donuts (which I'm not), this is probably the place to curb that craving!!

sotypical 09-15-2009 06:14 PM

I would rather eat a fresh 300 calorie donut on occasion then order donuts off the internet......

A Chocolate Glaze donut from Tim Hortons is 260 calories, 10 grams of fat
A Chocolate Dip Donut is 210, 8 grams of fat

harrismm 09-16-2009 10:23 AM

I can understand that.We (unfortunately) live in a town without a donut shop or even a bakery...so we order these for meetings at work, once a week.I got the idea from a great blog called priorfatgirl.This girl is amazing and in one post she had pictures and comments about donuts.Now we are addicted at work and look forward to our once weekly treat.

sophiebean 09-16-2009 10:32 AM

wowowow! i'm missing donuts soooo much and they look soooo yummy

why don't we have these in the uk?! damnit!

mayness 09-16-2009 12:32 PM

I just heard about those the other day - those numbers are pretty good!
Quote:

Originally Posted by sotypical (Post 2927260)
I would rather eat a fresh 300 calorie donut on occasion then order donuts off the internet......

This is the reason I haven't bought them (well, that and the price :devil:). Growing up I had a donut once a week (on Sunday morning), and I could taste the change when my local grocery store stopped making them themselves and started baking up frozen ones. So disappointing. I just imagine a frozen microwaved donut would make me regret spending all that money!

LookingForMeAgain 09-16-2009 12:43 PM

Thanks OP that was an interesting read and they look really yummy. We too dont have a donut shop and theyd have to taste better and be better for you than those found in the supermarkets here so why not. Im trying to get away from my sugar/sweet addiction but later on if I needed a treat this would be neat. I bookmarked it for later and sent it to a friend who orders every new thing out there so maybe Ill get to try it sooner hehehe

nelie 09-16-2009 12:48 PM

I never liked donuts but was curious to see if they were vegan and most of them are except for the low fat crumb topping and a couple of the fillings. The ingredients overall are blah though but I'm not sure what the ingredients in a regular donut look like, probably not much different.

My recent favorite thing though is microwave cupcakes. I can make them easily with a few ingredients and the good thing is it is a single serving which is critical to me.

Jennifer 3FC 09-20-2009 12:35 PM

Nelie, have you had Guiltless Gourmet? I don't know if they are vegan, but they have cakes and brownies - one serving in the pan, so not so dangerous!

Those donuts look good, except for the fact that my eyes are burning from that orange page. :lol:

Hamoco350 09-23-2009 10:53 PM

Those look AMAZING .. wow. I don't even like donuts, but if they're combining oreos and bananas, I'm so there. LOL!

We don't have a donut shop either .. nor a bakery. We do have a couple of sweet shops, but they focus on crazy concoctions instead of old fashioned donuts. I do believe they were dipping twinkies in chocolate when I walked past yesterday. :lol:

I get asked to buy donuts from kids sometimes, for fundraisers, but that's really it. And I despise Krispy Kreme, so I'm usually good to stay away from the evil little things!