Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #1  
Workin' It

Default Wow Wow Wow Wendalyn!

Wendalyn - last night I finally tried the baked sweet potato with peanut butter that you suggested several months ago and all I can say is WOW! Loved it! I might have used a little too much PB, because I didn't get much sweet potato flavor, but all that warm, gooey PB was fantastic! Thanks!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #2  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Awee geesh shucks Shannon, a shout out to moi????? Kewl Beans, I'm so glad you liked it! That & the sunsweet flavored prunes are spot on huh??? Sometimes you just gotta believe...
I'll keep sharing my food quirks. Here's a few of my latests peanut butter recipes that you may wanna try...

Thai Chicken-Broccoli Wraps

12 oz boneless, skinless chicken-breast cut into strips
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cups packaged broccoli slaw
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
3 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter (Jiff)
1 Tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
whole wheat wheat tortillas warmed ( I use smart & delicious tortillas Latortilla factory which are awesome with 12 grams of fiber & 80 calories for a HUGE wrap!)

Sprinkle chicken strips with garlic salt and pepper. Coat a pan with cooking spray, add chicken, cook over medium hear for 3 minutes till done. Remove from pan, keep warm. Add broccoli mix and 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger. Cook and stir for 3 minutes, till veggies are tender crisp.

In a saucepan, combine peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons water, soy sauce, minced garlic and the remaining ginger. Heat over low heat until smooth, wisking constantly.

To assemble, spread tortillas with some peanut sauce. Top with chicken strips and veggie mix. Roll up each tortilla, secure with toothpick, cut in half & serve immediately.

Yum, Yum!

Calories 191
18 grams of protein
16 carbs
6 grams fat
2 fiber

Peanut Butter chocolate Smoothie

1 cup fat free chocolate milk
2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter (Jiff)
4 pitted prunes (dried plums)
1/2 cup sliced ripe banana, frozen chunks
1/4 cups crushed ice

Combine milk, peanut butter and prunes in a blender, process until smooth. Add frozen banana and crushed ice, process again till blended. Makes 2 servings, about 3/4 cup each serving.

Per serving
250 calories
8 grams fat
9 grams protein
3 grams fiber
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #3  
Workin' It

Ooo, thanks! I have to try that wrap recipe! I've made a peanut butter chocolate smoothie before, but never with the prunes in it. Bet that is good, too!

ETA - I believe I actually have all the ingredients for the wrap recipe at my house right now... Hm... might need to rethink my dinner plans.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 07-30-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote