3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   I'm HUNGRY!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/177730-im-hungry.html)

MsDiana 08 07-28-2009 01:13 AM

I'm HUNGRY!!!

It's 1am.
I'm HUNGRY!!!

I am on a new calorie counting diet.

For the past week
(I know it's not very long but I am new to dieting!!!)
I have been having my cup of hot lemon water every morning,
I have been having a bowl of special k cereal for breakfast,
a salad or something lite for lunch
water, water, water, water, water....
a decent dinner
(except tonight cuz I had class for 3 1/2 hours tonight)
and water.

I want food. something good. like spaghetti with meatballs, or pizza and buffalo wings cuz my roommate is the mgr and brings it home for free. I want a flavorful, hearty meal full of calories and LOTSA carbs!!! :devil:
There is strawberry chiffon cake in the fridge, snickers ice cream in the freezer...but I can't have it and haven't touched it. But that cake looks SOOOO good!

o well. I will go to sleep hungry.
one day I vow to not be disgusted by my body.
I WILL feel sexy again. I WILL be sexy again. I will fit in my old clothes again. I won't get winded just walking up the stairs.

Just had to share.

MsDiana 08 07-28-2009 01:31 AM

ok. i will grab a few pieces of celery.
I shoulda had a better dinner.

Lori259 07-28-2009 01:48 AM

You must remove the junk food out of your home so temptation doesn't get to ya.
Thats what I had to do and It has even helped my family lose weight.
Just Leave the temptations at the store.Replace them with low calorie snacks
such as yogurt,Sugar free pudding,Or jello. ECT. ECT.

Then you get use to the change eventually and think wow~I can have a sugar free Jellow/a yogurt/& a sugar free pudding all verses for say 13 to 15 potato chips...Or double the above things X's 2 To equall 1 of mostly all little debbie cakes.
have them all verses about 3 cookies! Its ridiculous how much more you can fit into a day if you switch to lower calorie items Especially snacks.

Another example I found as far as not a snack was~fat free hot dogs ~they are 40 calories(oscar myer brand)
Verses Kahns regular are 150 a piece! So you could eat 4 of them(the oscar myers) and it's a 10 calorie difference.....then eating just "ONE" of the kahns regular. And they taste just as good.
(when I figured this out I was amazed and pissed I didn't know that sooner. LOL)

Just pick your food differently hun and you can do this without feeling hungry.

GOODLUCK!!!!!

MsDiana 08 07-28-2009 02:03 AM

I do eat the low fat hot dogs. thats what I ate earlier today.
i do need to get a good low cal dessert.
I have been pretty good with not buying any junk. the cake and ice cream is my roommates. he also buys cookies and potato chips. I havent been tempted for anything exept that strawberry cake.
I am just hungry because I usually eat dinner but I had class from 6-10pm.

Lori259 07-28-2009 02:16 AM

OK~Then eat a tiny piece of the cake to get it outta of your system. Then tell the roomate no more strawberry cake! LOL

Poor thing ~I feel bad for ya because I have went through the same thing...
Eventually will power will take over and your stomach will shrink and feel full quicker so Just do your best and if ya got to get a new roomate.....Or explain to them how much you need them to change there habits for your health plus it would benfit theres as well.

GOOD LUCK & GOODNIGHT~I am sooooooo sleepy it's 2 a.m. here in OHIO.
Hope all goes well for ya.

Rusty 07-28-2009 07:27 AM

have pasta with turkey mince and sweetcorn mixed with sliced caleries, comes to about 500 caleries if you weight it all out

Cebsme 07-28-2009 09:35 AM

I am a calorie counter. I can try to give you some tips.
First off Special K. Low in calories, but also low in substance. I would be hungry in 10 minutes if I ate cereal for breakfast. Breakfast for me is one of my biggest meals of the day.
I go for something more substantial:
Omelet made with egg beaters, with turkey breakfast sausage and toast
French toast made with low calorie bread and egg beaters, sugar free syrup
Breakfast burritos made with egg beaters, lots of veggies, on a whole wheat wrap

Lunch:
Some kind of wrap or sandwich, lots of volume to it with lots of veggies
Mini pizzas, made on tortillas or flat bread , YUM
Sides usually involve baked chips, carrot sticks and hummus, any kind of veggie, some times soup and salad.

Dinner: You see okay with, but I am a college student so I to understand the hours and hours of class. However some of my dinners.

Spaghetti and meatballs, made with whole wheat pasta or sprouted grain pasta and turkey meatballs.
Chicken breast, can be used for so many many different things.
Fish of many kinds because you can have a large serving for less calories than the same size piece of meat. We have Alaskan salmon (from DHs family), we love tilapia, and really any kind of seafood.

I dont worry about carbs, for me I dont have to, if you are someone who doesn't lose as quickly while eating carbs then maybe you will. However you have said you are new to dieting, so if you haven't tried just counting calories without counting carbs give it a go.

I eat 6 times a day 3 meals and 3 snacks, now being a college student sometimes my meals are snacks and my snacks are meals. Next semester I will on campus from about 2:30pm-9:30pm most of that time spent in classes so I will be snacking a lot.

Snacks: carrot sticks, fruit, low calorie crackers and laughing cow cheese, Yogurt.

I for one embraced my taste for certain foods and just found lower calorie versions. I love potato chips, I switched to baked. I like Popsicle and other frozen treats, I switched to low calorie, sugar free kinds. I LOVE pasta, even though it has the same calories I switched to whole wheat, takes less to fill me up and it simply is more filling than white pasta, same with rice. I am a soda freak, its diet for me, I prefer the fruity flavors over the others but I found what works for me.

You will find what works for you. A lot of people don't do well with artificial sweeteners, I am fine, my husband can only have splenda without getting horrible headaches.

A lot of people have to avoid their trigger foods. I can have them in smaller portions, or make smarter choices with them.

A lot of people have to avoid carby foods, I haven't seen a problem with that, I switched to whole wheat instead of white simply to try it and liked it.

HeatherEljohari 08-05-2009 02:38 PM

I really agree with Cebs. You have to find what works for you. Although we all want to lose weight it has to be lifelong. Pick things which satisfy you and you can stick to. Healthier choices really works best.