Summer Barbecue Recipes

• What are everyone's favorite recipes for summer cookouts and bbqs? We normally have the usual hamburgers, chicken or fish on the grill but I'm looking for some new ideas. There are some great recipes in this month's Fitness Magazine that I want to try: Hot off the Grill: Healthy Recipes for a Summer Barbecue. Has anyone tried any of these? The Soy Lime Scallops with Leeks sound so good!
  • Thanks! The Grilled Vegetables with Romesco Sauce sounds delicious
  • I know! They do sound tasty and the picture looks amazing! I hope it looks that good when I try to make it. I was also looking at the Spicy Fish Kebabs.... it sounds like I have a lot of meals planned for the next few weeks
  • I want to make kebobs with beef or chicken... but with grilled pineapple on it. Never done this before. Any good recipes out there for this (and other grilled fruits with meat (like peaches or something...)???
  • Sweet scrumptious- you can add the pineapple chunks to any kebab. A teriyaki one would probably be good. Just skewer your chicken or meat alternating with maybe onion chunks, pepper chunks, and pineapple. Brush with a lower sugar/fat prepared teriyaki sauce and grill.
  • my favorite thing for the grill is zucchini and summer squash chopped up with onions and garlic, tossed with a bit of olive oil and seasonings - in a foil packet on the grill. also love doing grilled asparagus! tossed with olive oil and some good salt- or marinated for a while in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. yum!

we make buffalo burgers a lot, since its leaner then regular beef and tastes sooo much better. i mix my meat with some finely chopped onion or shallot, garlic, a splash of Worcester sauce and salt & pepper and grill.

also good is grilled peaches or nectarines- just halves and grilled up. yum. also good with balsamic on them.
  • I loved grilled shrimp! We also grill vegetables on the grill - peppers, corn, you name it! A little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and it is delicious. To finish it off, we have some grilled pineapple - no need to add anything, it is just unbelievably delicious!
  • These meals sound so good and it's all making me very hungry! I also love grilled shrimp- we make a lot of grilled shrimp caesar salads in the summer months. And I don't think there is a single veggie that doesn't taste better grilled. Has anyone tried the recipes from Fitness? I got fish tonight from the grocery store to try the Spicy Fish Kebabs. I'll let you know know how they turn out!
  • I saw the recipe for the Spicy Fish Kebabs - would LOVE to hear how they turn out.
  • my oven is broken
    so I either have to cook on the stovetop or on the grill..usually the grill.
    I need some good healthy BBQ recipes!!