Rice

• I really like rice. but I need to cut all the junk from my diet. my current diet consists of 2 fast food meals a day. seriously.

i know white rice probably isnt that good for you. what about brown rice? would it be awful if i had chicken, veggies and brown rice?
  • Chicken, veggies, and brown rice sounds like a healthy meal to me! Brown rice is healthier than white rice. There are also lots of other grains that are tasty and healthy. Things like whole wheat couscous, quinoa, barley, and bulgar. Try some. You never know what you might like!
  • brown rice is good for you.
  • Yes, it's healthier then white rice. But just make sure you don't over do it. It's about 210 calories a cup. Load up on those veggies and chicken and have a measured portion of the rice. Yummy!
  • I second Rockinrobin, it can be good for you but still packs a pretty good amount of calories. If that chicken, veggies and rice were my meal I'd have most of the veggies, chicken portion in the middle and least of the rice. Be sure to measure out the rice so you know how much you're getting, don't just estimate because most people estimate they're getting less than they actually are!
  • Agree with all of the above. Just wanted to add that I used to be on the 2 fast food meals per day plan too, and you can overcome it! It is not an easy addiction to overcome, and I do have slip ups, but you can do it!