3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Orowheat Sandwich Thins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/174032-orowheat-sandwich-thins.html)

rosekeet 06-11-2009 06:32 PM

Orowheat Sandwich Thins

My mom gave me some of these things the other day, and they're really good! They look like skinny hamburger buns. I ate one with a hamnburger and it was a really good bun subsitute and I made a turkey sandwich on one which was great! Also, they're round and my turkey slices were round, so that made me happy. Each bun has: 100 calories; 1g fat; 6g fiber; 2g sugar; 5g protein. That means they're 1 WW point.

murphmitch 06-11-2009 08:03 PM

I eat these all the time. Mine are labeled as Arnold's brand but I think it's the same company. I eat the whole wheat ones.

phatchick911 06-11-2009 08:53 PM

I like all three kinds! They're very good!

traveling michele 06-11-2009 09:09 PM

My WW leader was talking about these so I went and hunted for them. They are new to the West Coast apparently. I loved them too!!

SunshineCA 06-12-2009 01:57 AM

I haven't seen them yet but I'll be on the lookout for them. Especially the whole wheat ones. :)

Thanks for the heads up! :)

LindseyLouWho 06-12-2009 07:28 PM

I think they're pretty good, but for some reason I find them to have a sort of off/sweet flavor. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I ate one with a burger one day and it threw off the flavor balance.

Wolf Goddess 06-12-2009 07:30 PM

These are good, but they're not quite the same as a bun or sliced bread. They have a pita-like flavor, and while they're great for certain sandwiches, I wouldn't use these as a full on bun/bread substitute.

CountingDown 06-12-2009 07:43 PM

Mine are Arnold brand as well - I like the WW ones too. I love them for sandwiches and with MSF or Boca or Gardenburger products.

I think they make a great substitute for bread or buns. I love the texture and the protein content is a real plus :)

Cebsme 06-17-2009 10:53 PM

Finally got these here and bought them tonight.

Used them for turkey burgers and they were FANTASTIC!!!! I can see using these for individual pizzas, grilled sandwiches, and all kinds of things!!! They will be great for all kinds of things.

csu23224 06-18-2009 01:10 AM

I use the Arnolds 100% Whole Wheat Thins and they are perfect for my Morningstar Burgers. Very very yummy!

kaplods 06-18-2009 01:57 AM

Hubby and I LOVE these. I was expecting them to be more like a pita when I saw them, but when I tasted them, I thought they were closer to a bun. So I guess they're more a bun/pita hybrid. Maybe if you expected it to be like bun/bread you'd think pita, but since I was expecting pita, I thought it was more bun like.

We also made pizzas with them, and while the first batch was good - the second was better, when we toasted each half in the toaster before spreading on the pizza sauce, so it made a crisp crust.

Toasted, I think they make a better bun/bread substitute, too.

Cebsme 06-18-2009 11:55 AM

DH and I thought they tasted way more like buns than pitas, we personally dont like pitas because to us they are dry, these definitely were not ot us. I am so glad you made pizzas with them kaplods, we will probably try it this weekend.

Heffalump 06-18-2009 01:22 PM

Oh yes! I always have a stash of these in the freezer now (Arnold 100% Whole Wheat) - besides Wasa, it's the only bread we have these days, and we also use it for burgers, sandwiches and mini pizzas. Being European I'm not too fond of traditional hamburger buns anyway, and this is a great alternative!