Snacks Anyone??

• I eat 6 meals a day so I running out of snacking ideas! What does everyone like to munch on throughout the day??
  • Normally I don't link to old threads because I don't want to seem snarky, but a couple people gave awesome answers in this recent thread that might help you:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170744
  • Thanks Mayness - I will take a look!
  • I can add some of my favourites:

hummus with carrots (or flatbread)
    beef jerky (making it myself recently)
    homemade snack cakes (high protein, made with soy flour and/or protein powder)
    soy nuts, also almonds
  • Lately my favorites have been grapes, carrot sticks and cauliflower with a little low fat dressing, baked tortilla chips with salsa, and homemade no sugar added applesauce.

Also Yogurt with apple slices
  • Low Fat Cottage Cheese with Fresh Fruit

Hummus & Carrots

Apples & Cheese (laughing cow)

trail mix = 94% Fat Free Popcorn, Roasted Nuts (not salted), mini chocolate chips, dried cranberries (jsut a few for a pop of flavor)

Tomato Basil Mozzarella salad = 1 roma tomato, 1 stick of reduced fat mozzarella, 1 tsp fresh basil & 1 tbsp EVOO
  • Just an FYI - my doc said to stay away from grapes, mangos & bananas. They are high in sugar.

Also, steer clear of PB if you can.

I love PB, so I allow myself to have it on my cheat day!
  • Quote: Just an FYI - my doc said to stay away from grapes, mangos & bananas. They are high in sugar.
    It's a wonder I ever lost any weight
  • Quote: Just an FYI - my doc said to stay away from grapes, mangos & bananas. They are high in sugar.

Also, steer clear of PB if you can.

I love PB, so I allow myself to have it on my cheat day!
    Awww but those are the best kinds!
  • Yeah frozen grapes and bananas are delicious. I also eat almonds, carrot sticks, sliced cucumber. I love seasonal fruits, berries, cherries etc.
  • A bannna w/ hemp seed or peanut butter
    celery w/ peanut butter
    a whole wheat toast w/ raw honey and almond butter
    yogurt w/ hemp seeds or almonds and berries
    low fat milk w/ banana and unsweetened cocoa powder, makes a yummy milkshake
  • I use peanut butter and olive oils as a fuel burner, I do not eat any fried foods.or white flour, or white rice.

sliced apples w/ peanut butter or nut butter of choice.