3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Late to the party on La Tortilla Factory - these are good! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/166330-late-party-la-tortilla-factory-these-good.html)

JenMusic 03-08-2009 01:07 PM

Late to the party on La Tortilla Factory - these are good!

So I just "discovered" La Tortilla Factory's low carb tortillas. I'm counting calories, not carbs, but when I was looking for some tortillas the other day, these were the best option as far as calories, fiber, and protein. I've tried other light tortillas before, and wasn't impressed with the taste or texture, but I was pleasantly surprised by these.

At 12 grams of fiber these are FILLING, for only 80 calories. Yesterday for lunch I made a wrap with a wedge of LC cheese, a slice of deli turkey, a few chopped sun-dried tomatoes, a heap of fresh spinach and a few shakes of raspberry balsamic vinegar. It was delicious and I was full for hours - only around 220 calories, too! Pretty high in sodium, but I'm not too worried about that right now.

How do you guys use these (or whatever your choice of tortilla is)? I'm trying to avoid ruts, and I'm not always the most creative thinker! :)

corazonas 03-08-2009 03:17 PM

well i get the small ones (50 cals each) and make wraps to put on the george foreman. usually spinach, mushrooms, turkey, low fat provolone, and a couple ceasar dressing sprays. thats my fave thing to do with them.

azmom 03-08-2009 05:02 PM

I like spreading them with a thin layer of natural peanut butter and putting a whole banana inside then wrap it up Then I microwave it for about 30 seconds!
Soooo yummy and nutritious!!

Glory87 03-09-2009 04:12 PM

I love them - can't find any store that carries them near me. I'm going to have to order them online. Thank god they have a VERY scary shelf life (months!) ha :)

JenMusic 03-09-2009 04:55 PM

Some good ideas, thanks! I've decided that for tomorrow's lunch I'm going to try and make something "pizza-ish." I'll see how that works.

I didn't realize the shelf life was that long, Glory87! Oh, well . . . oats have a pretty long shelf life, too, so I'll just put them in the same category in my mind. :)

corazonas 03-09-2009 05:45 PM

oh my GAWD at the store today they had BUNCHES of new kinds! i have only gotten the plain wheat. today i got some garlic and herb. it was goooood. didn't want to buy them all them eat them all. :lol:

Wolf Goddess 03-09-2009 07:26 PM

The Costco in my area sells a pack of 20 for around $6.50, which is a jmuch better deal than the smaller packs in most grocery stores. Of course, the flavor selection is nil.

azmom 03-10-2009 06:49 PM

I actually have been using the Sonoma brand which I found at Trader Joes. same stats as the La Tortilla Factory brand!

azmom 03-10-2009 06:57 PM

Oops, I just looked at the package and it is La Tortilla Factory brand...they are just called "SONOMA". Sorry!

Anyways, I found mine today at Trader Joes!