Kashi cereal question

• Ok, I've started loving the original Kashi Go Lean cereal. I've been eating it a few days a week for lunch, with some 2% milk and a banana chopped up in the cereal.

Having issues....gas and bloating issues. Guess I'm not used to the higher amount of fiber? Will this go away if I keep eating the cereal frequently, or should I cut back to maybe once a week?
  • How much fiber is in a serving? If you up your fiber you should do it slowly and your body will adjust. It just sucks for awhile with the bloating..
    I have upped my fiber intake and I feel so much better after my body got used to it..
  • It's got 10 grams of fiber...1 g soluble and 9g insoluble. Which is WAY more than I'm used to eating in a sitting....
  • I can tell you for me I never got used to the increased fiber. I used to love the LaTortilla wraps- 12 g fiber and the gas and bloating were horrible. I tried to cut back and eat half a one every other day-same outcome. I think it just depends on the individual person. For me, I'm not even able to tol. Fiber One bars, cereal, yogurt...
  • The Kashi cereal doesn't bother me, but I can't do a Fiber One bar to save my life... Never got used to them...I can do the Gnu Fruit & Fiber bars without trouble...
  • I can do one Fiber One bar a day without any issues...and that's 9 g fiber. Wonder what the difference is? Maybe the F1 bar AND the Kashi?
  • We eat several Kashi cereals and haven't had any problems at all. I also eat the Fiber One original (way fewer calories) and don't have any problems either.
  • I eat a lot of fiber, I love veggies and all kinds of stuff filled with fiber, it does have those side effects at first but it toally lightens up, unfortunately it was a couple months... not I never have those issues.
  • My body always reacts funny when I start eating something totally new (Fiber One and cauliflower come to mind) but after a while it adapts to it. Kashi has never given me any problems, but I added it to my diet well after I got used to eating 30-40g fiber a day.
  • My husband and I have a running joke about Kashi. Apparently his coworkers can always tell when he has eaten it for breakfast. I think I am more discreet
  • Quote: Kashi has never given me any problems, but I added it to my diet well after I got used to eating 30-40g fiber a day.

Actually, this is true for me as well.