The Loved & Dreadded Paczki Day!

• How do you all deal with this?

I had a half of one with my husband last night. Someone else thought it would be a good idea to buy another dozen. I feel like the half of one filled the sweet tooth. How are you coping? Total avoidance? Small portion? Agggggggh! LOL

The true new years resoloution tester!
  • Well, I am not even going to THINK about paczki!!! Don't plan to buy any. I was thinking of maybe doing the pancake day tradition to celebrate Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday/Shrove Day/Pancake Day. There are a ton of diet friendly pancake recipes out there so I figure I can celebrate the day sensibly.

Haven't figured out the rest of the day's menu yet...maybe a gumbo for dinner.

All I can say is STEP AWAY FROM THE PACZKI!!! Too many empty calories/sugars.
  • I had to google it cause I'd never heard of it.....they look way too sweet for me.
  • I didn't know what paczki were so I googled it and came across this. It might make you think twice about eating that gooey, sweet delicacy.

• Well, it sure turned me off!!!!
  • LOL.... the paczki in that pic is obviously doctored. it looks like there's something yellow on her plate
  • the roots of the paczki was for people to get the butter, lard, sugar and sugary fruits out of the house for lent season and turn it into an ultra rich donut..
  • Yes, the picture has been "touched" up for sure. I'm sure that poor woman never dreamed she'd be spread out all over the internet.
  • She looks rather disproportional too. That could be photoshopped as well.