Fat-Free, Sugar-Free Anyberry Cheesecake
From Chef Firnstahl
Calories: 94 per serving
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
• 12 ounces fat-free block cream cheese (not in tub)
• 1 cup nonfat milk
• 1 Tablespoon vanilla
• 1 package Knox brand unflavored gelatin
• 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest (grated lemon peel)
• 48 packets aspartame*
• 1 recipe Crumb Crust (see below)
• 1 recipe Berry Sauce (see below)
1. Remove cream cheese from foil wrap. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
2. Heat milk and vanilla until hot. Remove from heat, add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
3. Add cream cheese to mix and whisk until smooth. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and aspartame. Gently pour into pie plate and chill until set, about one hour.
4. Pour Berry Sauce over top. Chill for several hours. Best served at room temperature.
• ˝ cup plain bread crumbs
• 4 packets aspartame
• 1 Tablespoon water
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 teaspoon “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” brand shortening
Combine bread crumbs and aspartame in a pie plate. Add water, vanilla and “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.” Mix using fingers to break up lumps. Crumbs stick together slightly but should not be doughy. Even out crust on bottom only of pie plate using your hand. Press firmly.
• 1-1/2 cups individual quick frozen (IQF) thawed or fresh berries (such as raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and Marion berries)
• 20 packets aspartame
Combine berries and aspartame in a blender and pureé 10 to 15 seconds.