Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-07-2009, 04:43 AM   #1  

Default Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake Frozen Meal

Spotted this in the store last night and had to try it. A description and the nutrionals are here, but basically it is a vegan mixed grain polenta with plantains in an ancho chili sauce.

I'm not a vegan or vegetarian. I'm having steak for dinner tomorrow, in fact. But I have to say, this is simply the best frozen meal I've ever had. I've always been happy in general with Kashi products, but they hit one out of the park this time. The plantains are just barely sweet, and counter the chili nicely. The polenta (not sure that's the best word for it, since it isn't made of corn meal) has a nice flavor with a good range of textures.

I don't generally rave about frozen meals. They can be ok once in a while, if one doesn't have time to cook or something, but not something I really look forward to eating. Till now. Seriously, if I got this exact meal served to me at a restaurant, I would feel I got my money's worth.

Go Kashi!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #2  
it's always something

I love this! We only have one store that stocks it in the area and I went there a couple of nights ago with the intention of stocking up, but someone beat me to it I hope they get more soon. It's really good. I think the bottom layer is a bit too - savory? bland? just very unsweet compared to the top layer, and found I liked the dish better lightly stirred. I enjoyed the unique flavors.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote