Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Default OMGosh! South Beach Snack Bars

Hi! I am not following the South Beach plan. I am counting calories, watching fat, increasing fiber and water, exercising, etc.

BUT, I did pick up some of the South Beach Whipped Berry Snack bars today and really like them. I have been looking for something to replace my beloved Slim Fast Optima Chocolate Cookie Dough bars that were discontinued. I plan to try their Whipped Chocolate Almond if I can find them.

The SB bars are 100 cal., 3 g fat, 3 g fiber and 5 g protein.

http://brands.kraftfoods.com/SouthBeachLiving/sbl/

For me and my plan, it isn't realistic to think I will never eat sugary treats again. I try to find reasonable things to fill that need for myself.

The Whipped Berry reminds me of Russell Stover candy. The dark chocolate raspberry chocolates or the strawberry hearts at Valentine's time.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Sounds delicious
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #3  

I got a sample of the SBD smore bar in yesterday's mail...so good
110 Cal
4g of fat (total fat)
9g of fiber, 7grams of sugar and 2 grams of protein

The sample is still available, I can't post a link yet, but it is easy to find it thru google.
mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

Man I hate to be such a party pooper but I went and looked at them online and although the ingredient list isn't HUGE like most bars they do have six different sweeteners in them so I would eat them as an occasional treat like you would regular chocolate, not as an everyday thing.

But we all have our splurges and one of those bars is certainly better than a baby ruth candy bar or something! My splurge is a fudgesicle that I have once a week
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote