turnip fries

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I am cooking eggplant tonight but I have chicken breast strips on top of it with homemade pasta sauce (very low-cal) and parmasean. It is supposed to have fresh mozarella too but I just couldn't let myself do it--I can rarely exercise moderation with fresh mozarella!
  • Oh, great idea for turnips! I need to get some next time I go shopping. I love the shake'n'bake method for veggies as well. I'm always trying to come up with new seasoning blends to keep it interesting
  • Guess what I had for a snack today? Yup, the turnip fries. Loved em' again. Though I didn't get to eat too many, my kids couldn't keep their hand off of them.

This time I used garlic and onion powders, salt and Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb.

Kaplods, you have no idea what you have just started here in my house. I could KISS you, that's how much I (we) love them. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
  • Ok, I am a veggie hater. I am trying really hard to eat a few. recently i discovered that I like broiling a veggie mixture of cauliflower, broccoli, squash, zucchini and carrots. I just spray them with cooking spray and season with Natures Seasoning. It really surpised me that I would eat them and actually like them when I use to despise them(I still avoid the carrots). I just asked hubby waht he thought of the turnip fries and he said he wasnt a big fan of turnips, which really surprises me since I thought he liked most everything. So I figure if I can find a way that I like vegies i previously hated, then maybe we both can like these to. I really need a sub for french fries or I will not give them up. I LOVE french fries but I do limit how often I them. I just recently bought MrsDash Garlic and herb so I think I will try that on them.